Chapter 20: End of the Nightmare

Wanda, (Y/N), Strange, Loki, the Peters, and the Bruces stepped through a portal and were instantly greeted by Nightmare's Parademons. Wanda fought off a few with her telekinesis, Loki threw some knives, the 3 versions of Bruce got in fistfights with a few of them, and (Y/N) straight up tore them in half.

Nightmare was sitting cross-legged, his back facing them.

"Welcome home, Wanda," He said, standing. "And I see you brought more friends for us. How splendid."

"Quit the act, Nightmare," She said. "I know you have part of the Anti-Life Equation, and that you used it on me. But the joke's on you. I'm free from you now."

Nightmare frowned. "This is... unfortunate. But it will be no matter once He arrives."

It didn't take an explanation for (Y/N) or Wanda to know who 'He' was.

"So now, it looks like all I have to do is delay you until he gets here," Nightmare said, conjuring green energy.

He flinged the energy at the heroes, hitting a few. (Y/N) tanked through the first shot and flew straight at Nightmare, uppercutting him and sending him to the ceiling of the room. Wanda then used her abilities to pull him back towards (Y/N), who pulled back his fist and punched Nightmare back into the ceiling.

Wanda used her powers to throw Nightmare to the ground, where (Y/N) landed and began throwing punches and firing heat rays.

"Uh, (Y/N)?" Wanda said, looking over his shoulder.

(Y/N) stopped beating up Nightmare and turned. Right behind him was a light blue circle that slowly changed into a portal.

And inside that portal stood Darkseid.

He said nothing, merely standing there.

Loki suddenly grabbed hold of Nightmare, repeatedly stabbing him with his knives. (Y/N) then punched Nightmare into the portal, severing the connection.

Darkseid stared at (Y/N) and Wanda. They stared him in his red eyes, without fear.

 They stared him in his red eyes, without fear

The portal closed and Darkseid was cut off.

——-

At the New York Sanctum, Strange had opened four portals for each of the alternate versions of Peter and Bruce.

The 3 Peters embraced each other. "Call us up if you need anything," Peter (Maguire) said before he and his version of MJ walked through the portal. Peter (Garfield) nodded at Peter (Holland), then stepped through as well.

Bruce shook hands with each of his counterparts before they left through the portals.

"Is that the last we'll be seeing of them?" (Y/N) asked.

"I don't know," Strange said. "But if we need them, we'll know where they are."

The voice suddenly reappeared in (Y/N)'s head. He stepped away from the group.

"Hello, (Y/N)."

"Thank you. For your help. Everything."

"It's been a pleasure. But now, it's time for us to meet. Face-to-face."

"What?"

"Parts of my world were transferred to yours in the collision. I am here, along with some people you will be very eager to meet."

"Just tell me where."

"When you are ready, come to 1407 Graymalkin Lane, in Westchester County, New York. I and the others will be waiting for you and Wanda."

-END OF PART EIGHT-