||27||

Saturday. It was Saturday. The day me and Lamelo got to find out the gender of our baby.
We didn't want to have a gender reveal party knowing we had so much going on. Especially me, after that whole confrontation with my mom.

Are You Team Boy Or Team Girl? I wondered to myself, I had my mind set on a little girl but a boy would be nice too so he could be just like Lamelo. How cute would that be?

Lamelo dashed upstairs and into the room while I was fixing my hair into a bun.

"I don't mean to rush you Ronnie, but you gotta hurry that ass up!" Lamelo said.

"Lamelo, the appointment doesn't start until the next 40 minutes, and the clinic isn't that far so we have time!"

"I know Ronnie.." he said lowering his voice and calming down.
"I'm just so excited to see my baby for the first time, the life that I created."

I smiled at that comment Lamelo made. I decided to hurry because I knew how important this was to him.

We got in the car and Lamelo drove to the clinic.
He was in the best mood I had ever seen him in.

"You don't know how much I appreciate you right now." He said smiling at me.
"Make sure you focus on the road, Lamelo." I laughed.

"I know, I know." He said.
He patted my stomach. "We're almost there Melo Junior!" He grinned.

"Whatever Lamelo!" I laughed.
I was really excited too, as much as the baby was coming into this world unexpected and not really at a good time, but I was blessed.

Blessed with what was going to be the most beautiful child ever, the best gift of all.

"Oh god, we're here!" Lamelo got really excited and threw himself out of the car, almost falling to the ground.

"Calm down Lamelo! People could be watching from the waiting room!"

"So? I'm Lamelo Ball! I get excited when I want and where I want!" He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the clinic.

The look on Lamelo's face made me giggle. He looked like a kid in a candy store.

"Hello! How are you today?" The front desk lady asked.
"Doing just good!" I smiled at her. "We're hear for a check up and gender reveal."

"Okay, Last name?"

"Ball." I said.
Lamelo looked at me Confused.
"It's our Baby's last name dummy." I rolled my eyes.
"Yeahhh, right. I totally knew you were talking about the baby." He lied.

"Okay! Your appointment is in about 6-10 Minutes!"
We had a seat next to a couple who looked like the baby would be so any day now.

"Hey guess what?" Lamelo said whispering to the couple. "We're having a baby!" Lamelo pointed at the both of us.

They both nodded and gave him a weird look. Then they moved to some different seats on the other side of the room.

I slapped my hand against my forehead.
"Lamelo don't be such a goofball! Not here!" I smiled.

"Ball!" The doctor said. "We're ready for you!"
That was quick.

Lamelo jumped up and pulled me to the room. He was more excited than ever now.

"How have you two been?" The doctor asked getting her things ready.

"Good! Really Really Good!" Lamelo smiled.

"Well, let's go ahead and get started!" The doctor said. She was so sweet. She went over a couple things with us and told me to go take off my clothes and put on one of the hospital gowns.

"Now that you are five months pregnant, we are going to check your cervix." She said.

"Her what?" Lamelo asked. "Sorry, I never payed attention in health class."

The doctor laughed. "Her cervix is the lower end of her vagina." She said. "You should be familiar with it knowing you two have made a little human."

Lamelo scratched the back of his head and smirked a little.

The doctor then checked my cervix by putting a couple fingers up there. It felt very uncomfortable.

I wanted to kick her in the head because it started to hurt, but I didn't. I mean, she was a good doctor and all.

She finished and took her gloves off.
"Okay sweetheart, you can go change back into your regular clothes."

I changed back and Lamelo was excitedly waiting for me.
She put the cold gel on my stomach and began the ultrasound.

"Wow...is that..." Lamelo said in awe.
"Yeah." I smiled while holding his hand. "That's ours."
The baby moved around a little which made Lamelo smile even bigger.

Everything seems to be fine in there.
She signaled us to get quiet so we could hear the heartbeat.

Nothing ever sounded more beautiful than that. That little heartbeat was something big to us. It made me want to cry.

Finally we got to what we had been waiting for she handed us the Envelope with the gender inside and Lamelo rushed us out of the clinic.

We got into the car and Lamelo tore open the envelope.

"Before we open this," Lamelo said. "I just want to say thank you for giving me something that I wouldn't let anybody else give me Ronnie. This is truly a gift and I'm so ready to be a dad." He smiled and hugged me.

"Thank you Melo!" I smiled back.

We slowly opened the Stapled papers and started to read... most ofnn Bc it was about the baby's health and stuff like that. Then we got towards the middle of the page and found out our baby was going to be...

A GIRL! WE WERE HAVING A BABY GIRL!

Lamelo got out the car and worried I got out too.
He stared at me for a split second and I put my head down.

Lamelo started jumping up and down and started to run. He circled the car like crazy and then circled me! He then stopped and picked me up into a hug.

"Thank you Ronnie! I'm so excited for our baby girl!"
He shouted.

"I though you wanted a boy!" I laughed.

"I did. But a baby girl is a blessing too! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" He said squeezing me tight.

I gave Lamelo a smile and the mood was perfect in the car ride home.

A baby girl. I was blessed with a baby girl. I can't wait to be a mommy.