||37||

Today was the big day.

The baby shower.

A do-over with Lamelo's parents.

Denise and Lonzo's apology.

But the baby was more important than all that. Today was Aiko's day to shine, not theirs.

Lamelo was running around more than usual today. Phone call after phone call, making sure we had all the right decorations and staff, making sure today was going to be perfect.

"Lamelo, you should relax for at least a minute." I tugged at his arm.

"I know, I know." He said. "I just want everything to be perfect."

"Everything will be perfect Lamelo." I smiled.

Hopefully I didn't jinx it.

Lamelo and I got dressed for the baby shower.
I put on a beautiful long spandex pink dress and Lamelo matched me with a pink turtleneck and some black jeans.

We looked amazing.
I was so excited for today I was practically talking Everyone's ear off about it.

"You ready?" Lamelo asked grabbing my hand.
"Ready." I smiled.

And just like that, we were off to the baby shower.

"If my Parents pressure you at all today, I'll make them leave." Lamelo said.
"Well Lamelo, this is their grandchild. Maybe they want the best for Aiko."

"Parents are wrong sometime. Especially my dad and how he treated you when you guys first met. And I'm not having our special day ruined." He said. "So just let me know."

I nodded and continued to text Brittany about the baby shower.
Pj had got a stomach virus so he wasn't able to come.

So it was like good news for me and bad news for Pj I guess. I didn't make too much of it.

Lamelo's chauffeur opened the door for us and I stepped outside to some beautiful outdoor decor!

"Baby Aiko." Was spelled across the top front of the entrance and we walked in.
Everything looked just like the pictures!

"Oh Lamelo! You really outdid yourself!" I smiled while hugging his side

"Oh Lamelo! You really outdid yourself!" I smiled while hugging his side. "It looks more beautiful in person!"

"I'm so glad you love it babe." He smiled. "Let's go greet everyone."

There were so many people there. Definitely a lot of celeb friends Lamelo had such as Rappers, basketball and football players, singers, actors, and more.

"God bless you and your beautiful baby!" Zendaya said shaking my hand.

"Thank you so much!" I gushed.

I shook Lamelo back and forth. "That was Zendaya! That was Zendaya babe!" I squealed.

"I know!" He laughed. "We're cool like that."

Lamelo looked over to a table across the room and it was his parents.

"Lamelo! Girl who's pregnant! Come chat with us!" His dad yelled from across the room.

Lamelo looked embarrassed as everyone looked at Lavar like some Crackhead from the gas station, but they went back to minding their business.

I don't blame them. His voice was like a megaphone.

"Did he just say girl who's pregnant? I have a name Lamelo!" I rolled my eyes.

"I don't think he remembered. Let's just go over there and chat for a quick second." He said.

I nodded and we came and sat with Tina and Lavar.

"So son, and uh...Girl.." Lavar said.

"Dad, please. She has a name, Ronnie." Lamelo said. "Show some respect."

Lavar narrowed his eyes at me and focused his attention on Lamelo. "Like I was saying, you two-"

"No Lavar." Tina interrupted him. "I speak. You stay quiet."

Lavar obeyed Tina and shut his mouth.
There you go Tina! Put that loudmouth fool in his place!

"We wanted to congratulate you on the baby. I know our very first interaction was a little shaky, but Ronnie you are a beautiful and amazing young lady for our son. You seem so pure and have respect for yourself." She smiled at me. "Please, Please, take good care of my boy. He's a lot to handle, but he's a lover."

"Oh, she knows that. Don't you Ronnie?" He grinned at me.

I knew exactly what Lamelo was talking about. I made sure to ignore his question to avoid an inappropriate conversation with his parents.

I held Tina's hand from across the table. "I promise. He's in good hands, Mrs.Ball."

She smiled at me and they let us go back to the party.

Finally that was over. I had gained Lamelo's parent's
trust. Well, at least Tinas.

After eating and dancing a little it was time to open gifts.

"Wow, Britt. This dress is actually really cute!" Lamelo smiled while opening Brittany's gift. We opened some more gifts and we landed on Ingram's gift.

It was a beautiful rose gold Diamond bassinet. In case we ever traveled with the baby.

"Oh B! It's beautiful!" I grinned.

All though Lamelo wanted to say something petty, he thanked Ingram for the gift.

We finished opening most of the gifts and it was time to eat actual dinner instead of the display food and appetizers.

I could tell Lamelo was very hungry because he was eating real fast.
"Lamelo, slow down! We're at a formal event!" I laughed.

"Oops, sorry." He smiled.
"Yeah bro, over there fucking them ribs up!" Liangelo laughed.

"I'd like to make a toast if the new mommy would like to come up here and join me!" A familiar voice said.

It was Denise. She was up on stage and actually gave me a sweet smile. And at that, I felt like I could trust her for once.