12 || If-You-Hurt-Her-No-One-Finds-Your-Body-Talk

[Nova]
»James?«

Seeing him walking down the corridor, a warm feeling spread from my heart through my entire body, and tingles constantly in its core. The corners of my mouth curl up, and so do his, when he reaches me and pulls me close with his left arm. It is cool around my waist, a contrast my body cannot quite get along with, to the warm connection of his soft lips.

Probably, his regulator is on the load again or he simply forgot it, like, following his words, so often.

»Hey« he says, giving another peck to my lips, »I'm sorry for cancelling Christmas market. I totally forgot I had already asked Steve that day to do something together. But, to make it up, I brought mulled wine and thought perhaps, we could watch a movie today?« During his speech, he pulls his other hand from behind his back and presents a bottle of the liquid to me, his metal arm not leaving me.

It is this moment that I realize he is just wearing a shirt.

There is an at least twenty-centimetres-layer of snow outside.

»I got someone over already but come in first. Lord, you must be freezing.« I walk backwards, opening the door widely to let him in.

Snowflakes are entangled in his brown hair, and his cerulean blue eyes speak of confusion. »Didn't Brian wanted to show up tomorrow?«

Passing by, I thankfully inhale the scent of him, which I cannot imagine leaving my life ever again. It grew so familiar in such a short time; we are dating for a month or so before gotten into the relationship, but if it was left, it was like missing a leg, or a finger. It just felt different with James's frozen-river-vintage-cologne scent around.

»Yes, but I got some surprise-visitor today.« I grin amused, taking the bottle to make it easier for him to take off his shoes.

He does not take off his shoes yet.
»I'm sorry. I can come again tomorrow, if you want me to. I don't want to be rude or interrupt you or something.«

»It's fine. Carly and I wanted to take a walk later anyways, so we can take you home on the way. I wanted you two to meet anyhow, so this occasion seems quite fitting.« He smiles nervously, the corner of his mouth not as upwards as I am used to, and finally, takes off his shoes. Standing on my tiptoes, I whisper in his ear that we can drink the wine on another evening as well, thereby resting my hand of his chest.
I still am not over how muscular it is.

He grins charmingly, something sparking in his eyes. He bends down again, and right before our bodies connect, I hear someone clearing her throat on the other end of the corridor. Shocked, I turn around and immediately take in the part of the polite host, red cheeks ignored due to only having people around here that are used to me blushing. »James, meet Carly, my best friend.« my flat, up-turned hand indicates her, »and Carly, meet James.« I repeat the motion, just in the opposite direction. The gentleman he is, he walks over to her, his brown hair damped now by melting snow, and holds out his hand. Carly loses her one arm out of the cross in front of her chest, the grim look in her face absolutely not what I expect her first reaction to be. She takes his hand, and strongly pulls it downwards, her eyebrows furrowed. She is not the person to make an effort on going on tiptoes to let her hear him. »We have to talk, now.« she demands, putting upward her chin in a way like she desperately tries to point her strength out, like an almost-grown-up lion showing off to the elders that it can surely get its own prey. From behind them, I only see James shrug, making Carly's eyebrows to wrinkle even deeper.

Luckily, we are able to communicate with only looks, like best friends do, and she gets my message immediately: Do you fucking wanna kidding me?