~Chapter 7~

A/n: There's a ✨bad word✨later in the chapter. 

Y/n pov

"Sorry for taking you away out of the cafeteria, but I wanted to tell you some... things." Ava gives me a sad smile. My smile slowly fades away at the tone she's talking to me. She sounds sorry, but the last time she talked to me like that was... No... She said... She promised... It'll be nothing...

"What? What's wrong? You're scaring me..." I say. I'm worried about the answer I'm going to get. I look at her, waiting for her to continue.

"You may want to sit down."My mom says while sitting down herself. I do the same. Something around my neck rings while I sit down. I look at the necklace I'm wearing and never taking off. Never. Teresa gave it to me yesterday. We were together for one year. We still are, cuz it sounds like we broke up or something if I say it like that. We're now together for one year and about a day. We had bought each other a necklace, they kinda look like each other. Now we have cool necklaces that are the same, after a few details. Mine is gold/ silver (A/n: What you prefer). They are both with the infinity mark. I chose to give something like that to her because I will forever be there for her. No matter what. And I know I can't really promise it, because I might lose my feelings, but I know Teresa will always be the love of my life. Whether I like it, or not. My necklace looks like this, kinda:

 My necklace looks like this, kinda:

 Her necklace looks like this:

I slightly smile at the thought of Teresa, but it disappears as fast as it came

"So, y/n... Do you remember what I told you a few days ago?" My mom starts. It's obvious it's hard for her to tell me, even though I don't fully understand why. I know what she's going to say. I don't want to know, but deep inside me, I know it.

"No, I don't. My memory sucks and I can't remember what you said a few days ago." I say sarcastically. She gives me an It's-no-time-for-sarcasm-young-lady look.

"They are sending Thomas and Rachel up to a maze next month." I was silent, hoping she was joking. "Thomas will go to Maze A and Rachel to Maze B. They will also send up Aris and Teresa, the day after that. Teresa to Maze A and Aris to Maze B... I'm really sorry, sweetheart..."

I wanted to cry, but I couldn't. There was no spark of emotion on my face. I wouldn't accept what she just said.

"Those are all my friends! Then send me up too!"

"I'm so sorry sweetheart, but that's not possible."

"You promised..." I whisper. "You promised they wouldn't have to go... Just as you promised about Newt, Fry and all the others...." I'm getting really angry now. I might not show it, but my blood is boiling. She said exactly the same the last time. I believed her... How could I believe her...

"Do they know?" I ask, still processing all the lies of my own mother. How could she... 

She promised... 

"No, but you can't tell them... " Ava says. 

She promised...

I don't answer and stand up. Tears start to form in my eyes. 

She promised...

"Wait, y/n-" My mom tries, but I already left the room. I run through the cafeteria to my and Teresa's room. My friends see me and instantly follow me. My vision is blurred by tears.

She promised...

She promised...

She FUCKING PROMISED!

I storm into the room and drop on the bed. Not long after me, Teresa, Rachel, Aris, and Thomas come in.

"What's wrong?" Teresa asks worriedly. Tears come out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks. They are going to the maze... They are going to wipe their memories and take everyone I love away from me... Maybe that isn't their purpose, but that's what they're doing. Why...

"She promised..." I cry. Actually, I shouldn't be the one crying. They are going to the maze, but they're my friends... my girlfriend... My everything...

"She promised..." I keep repeating. "She promised... She promised..." Once Terese realizes her eyes widen. They all try to comfort me, even though they don't know what's wrong. Except for Teresa.

"What's wrong?" Thomas asks, with his face full of worry, after I calmed down for the most.

"I- I'm not s-supposed to tell y- you..." I start. "But... You need to know..." Teresa hugs me, and I take her hand for comfort. 

"They're sending you to the maze, next month..." I manage to choke out.

They look at me, just as I looked at my mom when she told me: hoping it's all a joke.

A/n: I hope I'm not making anyone cry these chapters. Oh, maybe I do--n't. I don't. I didn't say anything. You didn't read this :D

I hope you liked the chapter :)

- Jasmien xxx