~Chapter 22~

With the gladers...

The gladers run outside the WCKD building. Guards in cars and other things follow them. They're shining with light, trying to find the escaped teenagers.

Teresa runs into some building. It's full of dust and sand. It looks like it used to be some shopping center.

"Teresa! Wait!" Thomas yells. Teresa doesn't listen. She keeps going. The other gladers dont really have much choice, and follow her.

"We gotta keep moving." Thomas says after a minute of silence. All the gladers are looking around themselves.

"Wait!" Teresa yells. Everyone turns around to her. "Can someone tell me what's happening, please?"

"It was still WCKD. Teresa. It was still WCKD. We gotta go, they're searching for us."

Teresa sighs.

"What's your plan?" Newt asks.

"Ehh..." thomas doesn't really know what to say.

"You do have a plan, right?! We followed you out here, and you dont even have a plan!?"

Silence

"Janson said something about people against them. People in the mountains." Aris says, thinking what they're called.

"The right arm..." thomas whispers, loud enough for everyone to hear him.

"People. In the mountains.  Mountain people.  That's your plan?" Newt furrows his eyebrows.

"Hey guys?" Frypan says, looking at the ground. Everyone looks at where he is looking. "It looks like there've been people here."

-

"Okay, everyone." Thomas starts. "Go take usable stuff and we"ll come back here in half an hour. Alright?"

Everyone nods and goes. Teresa finds some jacket and puts it on. The others find things too. Winston finds some nuts and dried fruit.

-

Newt and the other gladers stand somewhere, looking for some stuff when they hear screaming. They only need a few seconds to realise the screaming comes from Thomas and Minho.

"AAAAHHH!!! RUN! RUNN!!" Thomas screams. There are all zombie things following them. They'll have black eyes. They're very skinny and they are wearing ripped clothes.

The zombie things - cranks - keep chasing after the gladers.

They run as fast as their legs can carry them.

A crank jumps on top of Newt. Thomas, whom was running behind him, kicked the crank of him and helped him up. The crank got yeeted in the air, through some glass thing,  down to the floor.

-
"Everyone okay?" Thomas asks. They've slowed the cranks down a little, but they're still following the gladers.

"Shuck! Shuck! Shuck! Shuck!" One of the gladers screams as soon as he sees the cranks again. "We're gonna die!"

"You go!" Winston yells. " I'll try to slow them down!"

Everyone runs, except for Thomas, Minho and Frypan. They're standing next to the door.

Winston gets grabbed by cranks. They're pulling him to them.

"C'mon!"  Thomas yells in frustration.

They managed to get Winston free from the crank's hands and they went to some place, hiding from the screeching cranks.

-

The sun comes up. Newt sits next to Thomas and Minho. Thomas's head rests on Newt's shoulder.

Everyone stays silent, and walk towards the mountains.

They sudden hear screaming.

Would it be a crank? No. Cranks sound more... high? Blood lusting?

Everyone goes to where the screaming comes from. They see a girl, trying to fight cranks that are attacking her.

The gladers go to her and help her. Winston stays on the side with Frypan.

The crank tries to hit the girl with some piece of wood. She ducks.

The girl has hair everywhere. Just like y/n when she wakes up. Lol. Theres dirt all over her face and clothes. her clothes are ripped off at some places.

Newt takes a gun and shoots the cranks. Some drop dead, another runs away like a scared chicken. Tok tok

-

"You 'kay?" Someone asks the girl.

"Yhea.. thank you." She answers.

It took a moment for Teresa to realize.

"Thana?" Teresa asks.

"Teresa? Thomas? Aris..? If I remember right." She says, surprised and relieved.

"This is thana?" Minho asks. "Like the thana that escaped WCKD? The thana that-"

"Yes, that Thana." Thomas says, not letting Minho finish his sentence.

A/n: I hope you liked the chapter! :D

- Jasmien xxx