~Chapter 1~

Y/n's P.O.V

I'm in my room. I share a room with Teresa. Next to our room is Thomas' room. Newt, Frypan, Jeff, and all the others had a room too, some shared one. They all got sent up to the maze. With some help from my brain, I got to do something with their brains, so they get some of their memories back. Unfortunately, it only works if they see me, Thomas, or Teresa. No one except for us three knows about it, and we rather keep it that way.

I take my pillow, put it against the wall next to the bed, and sit down. I grab a book. It's one of my favorites. I get tired and put my book away. I don't want to stop reading, but I'm really tired. I can't sleep, though. I really miss my friends. I can't stop thinking about them. I wish WCKD didn't put them in the maze. I'm just glad they didn't send Teresa and Thomas to the maze. They are one of the only reasons I survive this boring life at WCKD. We can never leave. The only thing I know about the outside world is that a virus - the flare - has scorched our world and killed nearly everyone.

WCKD is looking for a cure by putting teenagers in a maze. It kills most of them. There are multiple mazes, but most of my friends are boys, and they are in Maze A. Maze B is full of girls.

The shower stops and after a few minutes, my girlfriend comes out in her pajamas. I smile as she sits next to me on the bed.

"Hey, flower," Teresa says. I instantly smile at the nickname. She gave it to me, a few years ago. Teresa lays down next to me, with her face towards me.

"Hey, Tess, " I smile. I lay my head against her chest. Teresa looks at me with a questioning look on her face. She always notices when bothering me. "I just miss the others... I wish they didn't have to be sent up in the maze..." I pause and sigh. "It's hard to watch them every day without being able to do anything to help them..."

She looks at me with her beautiful face and gives me a kiss on my forehead.

"It's going to be okay," she whispers. I smile slightly and listen to her heartbeat. I close my eyes, and so does she. Listening to each other's breathing, we fall asleep.

A/n: Hii!! This was the first chapter, I don't really know why, but I'm really excited to write the next chapters. :))

- Jasmien xx

[✔]