~Chapter 12~

A/n: I try to update every day at least one chapter, so sorry if someone waited for a chapter yesterday :D I don't think so anyone did, but I wanted to say it :)

Y/n POV

I sit down next to Thana, on the cold, grey floor in cell 7. I wonder why I'm in here. Are they sending me to the maze, as I asked? No. They wouldn't do that, even if I begged. I just want to be with my friends...

"Do you know why we're in here?"Thana asks.

"No. I've asked myself that question the whole hour. I have no idea..." I say, and flash her a sad smile.

"What are they going to do to us...?" the girl next to me continues. 

"Project seven..." I answer, speaking the words as if they were Rat man (aka trash).

"What's that?"

She doesn't know? "Oh-uh, project seven is-" I swallow. 

"What?"

"They're going to break us..."

In the glade...

"What are you doing?" Minho asks while running after Thomas and blocking his way to the maze entrance.

"I need to go into the maze again," Thomas answers whilst he stops walking for a few seconds.

"Dude do you have a death wish?" Minho asks, but not expecting an answer as it wasn't really a question.

"Minho, We never had a dead griever before, maybe there's something inside the griever- or idk, that helps us find a way out!" Thomas says, trying to convince him so he doesn't have to go without their permission. Not he would care much, he wants to get out.

"Okay," Minho says. He has to say it could be true.

"Is this enough?" Minho asks, with Frypan, Winston, and Zart standing behind him with weapons in case the griever is still alive. Why no runners? Thomas wonders. 

As if Minho can read his mind, he says: "The runners all quit after what happened to Alby, so these shanks came to help."

Zart had a shovel as a weapon. Frypan a pan, for some reason. Winston and Minho have some spears and Thomas doesn't have anything.

"Here," Winston says whilst giving Thomas a spear. Winston had two of them.

The shanks run into the maze to where the griever was killed. Hopefully, it's dead...

Thomas walks closer to the griever.

"What are you doing?" Zart asks.

"There may be something in there," Thomas answers as if it's the most simple thing on the planet.

"You mean besides a griever-pancake?" Frypan observes the slimy spider-scorpion thing.

WCKD - cell 7 - Y/n POV

I still sit next to Thana when some guards come, open the door and throw someone else in. It's another girl. Wait... No! This can't get any worse can it UGHHHHHHHH It's Emily. So I'm gonna get tortured with this... second version of Ratman.

Wait. I realize. Is Emily Ratman's daughter? Oh, this is getting weirder with the second.

"Emily?" Thana asks.

"Thana!" she says. "Ugh.. and her."

awesome

"Yes, and me." I say. "what are your last names?"

"Why do you need to know?" Emily says in her mean voice as always when she speaks to me. I really wonder why she hates me.

"I'll tell you if you answer my question," I say back.

"Thana Crawford," Thana says.

"Emily Janson..." Emily answers reluctantly.

A/n: I hope you liked the chapter! :D

I think there are going to be two or three updates today :V

- Jasmien xxx