~Chapter 8~

Y/n pov

My friends look at me as they saw a ghost. Or, in this situation, like they heard one. Everyone is silent for a few minutes, processing what I just said. I'm still processing myself.

Once it hits Rachel, she totally freaks out. The others do too, but they don't really show it. Their face froze and doesn't change in a few minutes. Teresa just grabs my hand tighter.

"B-but I-I don't want t-to..." Rachel starts sobbing.

"Hey, It's going to be okay!" I say hoping I'm telling the truth.

"M-maybe we can r-run a-away, or s-somet-thing" Rachel continues.

"I'm sorry Rach, but that's nearly impossible. There are guards everywhere and if they catch you, they'll do worse than sending you to a maze... Maybe I can sabotage the memory wipe or something...? I don't know if that works, but if it does..." I wait a few seconds."Then you still have your memories and you can help fix the maze better. And, that's not really in advantage for Aris and Rachel, but me, Tommy and Tessa can still talk  through our minds "

Aris and Rachel turn their heads to each other, look at each other in the eyes and then their face turns back to us.

"Really? Me and Rachel can do the same, can't we talk to you too then?" Aris asks. Maybe he's right.

Can you hear me? I try to ask Aris through my mind. 

He jumps, so I assume he heard me. Yeah, but that was very loud. he answers laughing a little.

Can you hear me, Rachel? I ask Rachel, but less loud as I did to Aris to prevent she gets a heart attack.

I can hear you. Rachel answers in relief to be able to hear me. If they hear me, that means they can hear Thomas and Tessa too.

"Okay, what's happening?" Thomas asks out loud, even though he probably knows what's happening.

"I can talk to y/n through my mind," Aris says. 

"Me too," Rachel says.

"Y'all can't tell anyone I told you you're going to the maze and about our... plan. Otherwise, my mom will personally kill me... I think... If she doesn't, Janson or someone else does. Or they throw me outside with the cranks... Or-"

"Yeah, we get it," Thomas says laughing. "We're not telling anyone. Thanks for telling us." Even though the news my friends just got, and the news I got, everyone laughs.

Aris, Rachel, and Thomas left. I'm now alone with Teresa. We lay in our bed, my head against Teresa's. We're not really talking, just enjoying each other's company.

I smile. I look at her beautiful face. I'm really going to miss her if she goes to the maze...

"I hope we see each other again after you go to the maze..." I whisper.

"Me too, flower... More than anything..." She says while planting a kiss on my forehead.

A/n: I hope you liked the chapter! I personally think it's kinda weird,  but... I don't know...

- Jasmien xxx