Chapter 10

He climbs back into his room and tosses his pants in the hamper before gripping his hair frustratingly. She had kissed him. It had been beyond wonderful. He couldn't stop thinking about it. Every second, his mind would go back to how her fingers ran through his hair or how her tongue moved across his lips while she sucked, making them red. He thought of his hands that had held her waist, tightly and it was torturous. It was obvious that he wanted her but now, he was afraid to lose her. If his foster parents sent him back to the home, he would never see her again. How could they talk now? He couldn't go back to her the way they were. He needed a distraction from her, from the kiss. It would have to wait till the weekend was over though.

He stood up and grabbed his jeans from the hamper and pulled out his pocket knife and phone. Putting in his headphones, he played The Clash loudly as he read the names on the knife. His head rested on his pillow and he stared at the slanted ceiling. There was an odd burning in his chest and he ran the tips of the blade over his finger, feeling the sharpness. Almost as sharp as he had cut when he left her standing there.

She watches through the window as he takes off his shirt and jeans and tosses them across the room. Her lips are still red from the memory of him and she wants nothing else than to disappear. He pulled away from her and it was hard to think of anything else. She opened the blinds and picked up her phone, pulling in her headphones to listen to music. It didn't help as tears escaped her eyes. She was stuck, reliving the kiss. The feeling of his soft lips on hers and the chill of his saliva on her lips. She had thought that he may have liked her but maybe he just thought of her as a friend. If that was true, she had been the worst one.

Again and again, she thought of him, everything about him. The deepness of his voice, the delicacy of his hands. Each one of his muscles was worked to absolute perfection and he was smart, really, seriously intelligent. He read for fun, liked plays, and went out of his way to talk to her. She should have known that he wasn't interested. She should have listened to her mother who had always claimed that love was a waste of time. She laid there, blaming herself for him pulling away while her vision blurred.

The Next Day

He sat up in the dark room and looked out the window as the sun slowly came up the horizon. Grabbing his phone, he checked the time to see he was only asleep for a few hours. Brushing his teeth, he thought about her again. He remembered her hands traveling through his hair. He wanted to feel that again, he wanted to have her hands tangled in his hair, messing it up to however she saw fit.

Pulling on a pair of shorts, he walked down the hallway and knocked on Jack and Addison's door.
"Come in," Jack calls drowsily.
"Sorry, I was just thinking about going on a jog. I thought I should let you know, in case you wanted me to help at the bar." Derek says as Jack sits up.
"I don't need you for the bar today. Be careful on your jog." Jack smiled and Derek nodded, shutting the door. Plugging in his headphones again, he walked down the stairs and started walking in one direction.

"Derek!" He groans and turns around hearing Smith's voice.
"Smith." Derek sighs.
"What are you doing?" Smith asks.
"Other than ignoring you; getting in shape for hockey."
"You are trying out for hockey?" Smith laughs.
"My dad taught me since I was five. I've been doing it."
"You won't make it." He claims.
"Then I'll have to make it for the other team and beat you."
"Good luck." He snorts making Derek roll his eyes.

He starts jogging then running until noon, pushing her out of his mind. Still, he can feel her breaths down his neck and the sounds of her small moans in his ear. The feeling of her fingers roaming his hair was something that he couldn't stop thinking about. It felt amazing, too amazing. He'd need a stronger distraction than hockey training, studying, or practicing his lines. He needed to feel it again. Adrenaline rushes through his system as he walks into the shower and sprays cold water over his head. There was a football game in three hours and he could find distraction there.

Pulling on jeans and the tightest shirt he could find, breathing heavily and determined to stop thinking about it, about her. The fabric across his chest is constricting his lungs. Still, he grabs a granola bar and slides the pocketknife in his jeans. Sighing, he stops and looks at the post-it note boat. His eyes flick out the window and see that she is still sleeping. She is holding a teddy bear and he smiles to himself. Maybe it was good that he left. He didn't want to hurt her but the way she made him feel addicting. Maybe, in time, he could be her friend again. And possibly maybe, even more, when he could control his own time.

He chews on his granola bar and heads down the blocks. The sound of the cheering is louder than the game itself and he walks to the cheerleaders, sitting behind them. Getting girls wasn't hard for him but he never wanted them till he found Meredith. Now he wanted to kiss her again. He needed to kiss again.

"Hey." He hears a feminine voice behind him and smirks.
"Hi." He says as a girl sits down next to him.
"So, you're new. It's Derek right?" She asks.
"It is." He nods.
"I'm Rose." She smiles he turns to her.
"I've seen you around, yeah." He replies.
"Come here." She asks as she stands up.

She holds her hand out and Derek takes it, letting her pull him up. There is a slight buzzing in his chest and it is comparable to the feeling of being with Meredith. She leads him behind the bleachers and sees multiple people kissing.

"Not here." He says, grabbing her hand.
Pulling her into the library, he leads her into the back.
"Derek." She smiles.
"Ready Rose?" He whispers.
She nods and bites her lip.