Chapter 20

One month later

"Good morning." He chuckles as he sees her eyes.
"Very good morning." She nods, leaning down and kissing his lips. He groans and leans up, holding her cheeks while he laughs.
"How do your hands feel?" She asks as he pulls away and rests his head in her lap.
"They still sting a bit. They would have been much worse if your dad hadn't set me with that physical therapist." He breathes, leaning up and pecking her lips.
"You know my dad loves you." She says as he sits against the headboard and pulls her on his lap.
"You're dad is a very kind man." He whispers, leaning in.
Her lips meet and they moan in response as his hands pull her closer, rubbing the tight cotton around her body.

"You have school and... as much I would love to stay here with you, you have to go." She mumbles against his lips.
"Okay. I understand. We have to get out of your bed." He nods, picking her up and carrying her to her closet.
"Grab me my green shirt and my cardigan. Please." She asks, picking up a pair of jeans.
He laughs and grabs her clothes before tossing her on the bed. Before she can bounce back, he pins her underneath him and kisses her neck. She giggles and wraps her arms around his neck while he pushes her tank top up.

He pulls away as he lifts her on his lap again and they laugh again while he pulls the tank top over her head.
"School. Yes, I know." He mutters as he pushes her shirt on her and wraps her with her cardigan.
"I'm sorry, but you know that I want to wait." She says softly, moving off his lap and pulling up her jeans.
"It's not that... I won't get to see you till next week. Do you have to go to Jamaica?" He asks.
"It's vacation. You can always come with us." She says as he puts on a tight black shirt and jeans.
"No, I can't. I promised Webber that I would be at rehearsal and my foster parents are already angry at me for-" He starts.
"I know," She nods, handing him his toothbrush.

He nods as they brush their teeth and stand in front of the mirror. She smiles as he rests his chin on her head and takes in the scent of her hair. It's strawberry and thick but he had grown accustomed to smelling lavender from it instead.

His phone buzzes in his pocket and he pulls it out, smiling at the Caller ID of the text. Opening it, he reads the words in his mind. Quickly, he rinses his mouth out and washes his face before kissing Rose's cheek.

"I gotta go. I'll miss you." He smiles before throwing his bag over his shoulder and walking down the stairs and out the door. He plugs in his headphones and calls her, ecstatic to hear the sound of her voice. It had only been 3 days since he had spoken to her but still, he wanted to hear her. It rang and clicked making him sigh in disappointment as he walked into his classroom. Opening the message, he reads her words over again.

Hockey Try-Outs today! Are you ready?

He chuckles and nods, sitting at a desk.

Derek: Where are you?
Meredith: Who is it?

His eyebrows furrow in confusion and he begins to type before a pair of hands cover his eyes from the back. Immediately, he laughs and puts his phone on the desk.
"It's you." He laughs happily, making her hands uncover his eyes.
"It's me!" Meredith nods as he gets up and wraps his arms around her, taking in everything about her. His nose buries in her neck and her feet lift off the floor while he lets out a heavy breath.

She smiles as his hands hold her and she feels his lips on her neck. It's wrong to think about him in the way she does but she can't stop. Ever since the incident with Finn, she has been wanting to thank Derek but she was so busy and he was out with Rose. He hadn't climbed through her window at all in the last month and the only time they met was rehearsal.

She pulls away and he places her on the ground, his nose brushing over hers for a moment before letting go and stepping back.
"You look... beautiful." He starts, staring at her simple sundress.
She blushes and he smiles gently as they sit down.
"Thanks. How are your hands?" She asks.
"It doesn't even hurt anymore." He shrugs nonchalantly.
"Does that mean you want your rings back?" She asks.
"I trust you but I do want one back. The gold one." He smiles.
She takes off her necklace and pulls out the gold one and slides it on his finger, leaving the silver one on her necklace.

"We have rehearsals." He says as the teacher walks in.
"Act One Scene 5." She nods nervously.
"Who kisses a girl right after they meet?" He scoffs.
"You do, you big hypocrite." She whispers making him laugh nervously and nod.
"Ouch!" He exclaims, resting his hand on his chest.
"Hurt your ego?" She smiles.
"Very much." He nods.

The teacher starts her lecture as they speak quietly between each other, grinning occasionally. At the end of class, he gets up and grabs her hand before leading her to the ice rink on the fourth floor.

"Derek, are you sure you can try out?" She asks, rubbing his knuckles gently and making him smile.
"Definitely." He nods grabbing his letterman jacket and wrapping it around her as he opens the doors.
She shivers and pulls his jacket tighter around her body as he places their bags on the bleachers.
"Wait for me." He says before he kisses her cheek and runs around the rink and into the locker room.