Chapter 23

He moans in response against her lips and her arms move up in surprise. He steps forward and presses her to the wall, making her shiver as he sucks on her lips. She lets her arms wrap around his torso and his fingers move deeper into her hair. Neither of them dares to breathe as they kiss. She can hear her own heart pounding with every passing second and he can feel the blood rushing through his veins.

Running out of energy, they pull their lips apart and gasp for breath. She stares at his chest and he pushes closer to her as he stands straight, feeling her warm breathes run down his chest in his shirt.

"Derek, what was that?" She asks quietly.
"I wanted our first real kiss to not be about Romeo and Juliet." He pants as her hands fall off him. He steps back, pulling his fingers out of her hair.
"What about... Rose?" She asks.
"I'm sorry." He says softly.

"You guys ready?" Richard asks, opening the door.
"Yes." They both reply quickly before looking at each other.
As they follow him on stage, his hand drifts to hers and she locks their pinky's.

They do the scene again and he kisses her deeply, using her mouth as a lifeline. Their hearts skip beats as they pull away and stare into the other's eyes. She leans back into his chest and he laces his fingers in hers.

"Thus, from my lips, by yours my sin is purged." He says breathlessly as her lips move closer again.
"Then have my lips the sin that they have took from yours." She replies, rubbing his thumb with hers.
"Sin from my lips? O trespass sweetly urged! Give me my sin again." He recites, pushing his lips in hers again.

She turns around and smiles as his arms wrap around her waist, picking her up. Their hearts pound in their chests while her fingers tangle in the hair at the nape of his neck. There is a soft rush of adrenaline running through him, something he's only felt twice before. He lifts her off the stage and her tongue lines his lips and gets mimicked by his.

"You kiss by the book." She giggles, pulling away.
"That was great! It's 7:00 so you can leave!" Richard shouts as all the kids grab their backpacks and exit the auditorium.
"You were amazing." He whispers, putting her down.
"So were you." She nods, jumping off the stage.
"There are a few things that I think we could work on," Richard says as Derek sits at the edge of the stage.
"I thought that was good." Meredith smiles, glancing at Derek and making him chuckle.

"Add some hesitation, Meredith. At first, Juliet doesn't want to kiss Romeo. And Derek, I could use some more emotion in the words before they kiss like you're breathless just by the sight of her." Richard says, smiling and walking away. "And we are doing this again on Wednesday, with costumes!"

They watch the door slam and she turns around and walks to him, resting her chin on his knee. He smiles and gently leans down, tucking her hair behind her ear. She moves back and grabs his hands, pulling him off the stage.
"Let's go." She giggles, pulling him out the side doors.
"Where are we going?" He laughs as they get on an elevator.
"To the ice rink." She nods, hitting the fourth floor.

He grabs her waist and pulls her to him before pressing his forehead against hers.
"It's closed." He chuckles.
"Too bad." She shrugs.
"We can't just break into the ice rink." He scoffs.
"I don't know how to skate." She smirks.
"Okay, well then... we are breaking in." He nods as the elevator opens onto the fourth floor.

He pulls away and holds her hand as they run towards the large open area with the rink. Pushing through the doors, they laugh and walk to the locker room.

"What's your shoe size?" He asks as he ducks underneath the counter and pulls out his pair of sleek skates.
"Seven." She smiles gently and sits on a bench while he grabs a pair for her and crouches on the floor.
She kicks off her sneakers and he slides the skates on her feet, doing the laces tightly and tucking her jeans in. He sits beside her and puts on his skates before standing up. She follows him, immediately regretting it as she loses balance and falls into his arms.

"It's hard to balance the first time, so hold on." He laughs, holding her body as she wraps her arms around his neck.
"Ready?" He asks as they walk to the door of the rink.
"No." She giggles.
"It'll be fine. Just hold my hands." He says letting go of her and stepping onto the ice. She laughs and he smiles while their hands cling to each other. She steps forward onto the ice and grips his fingers. He nods and lets himself slide backward with her.

"I think you can let go now." She says softly after a while.
"Are you sure?" He asks.
"Yeah. You can let go." She nods and he obeys, letting his fingers slide out of hers while he moves backward.
"Don't tense yourself. Relax. I won't let you get hurt." He smiles.
She huffs and lets out a deep breath as she stands up straight and stops clenching her limbs. He nods and she watches as he skates to the other side of the rink.

"Where are you going?!" She yells.
"Relax!" He shouts, touching the end of the rink and skating back to her easily, gliding on the ice.
"Take me with you." She says softly.
"It's like walking but instead of lifting your feet, slide out and push off." He says gently, slowing down as he circles her. She nods and does it perfectly making him laugh.
"Did I do it?" She asks.
"Perfectly." He nods.
"Your turn, what else can you do?" She asks.
"Never lacking interest are you?" He asks, rubbing his hands together and blowing on his palms.
"Never." She smiles.
"Okay, it's been a while but I think I can." He nods, moving away and skating back and forth.

She watches in awe as he bends his knees down and trails the tips of his fingers across the ice. Somehow, he speeds and laughs as he places both hands on the ice and pushes himself up so his legs are in the air. She watches his handstand turn to a flip and he lands perfectly on his skates before gliding back to her.

"That was... the best thing I've ever seen!" She laughs.
"I try." He says nonchalantly while she moves closer and grips the edges of his letterman jacket. He wraps his arms around her and she leans up before locking their lips. The coolness of the rink fades away and is replaced by a comfortable warmth of being in his arms. His raven curls obey her fingers and he grunts softly while he pulls away and smiles.