Chapter 15

The pair had returned back to the dorms, bidding a quick goodbye to Chan, saying it was too late for them to stay any longer, and that they both had to start early the next morning before the sun rose to practice.

And so, the duo had slept early, hoping to get to the dance room in the university for practice before the other students. There was no more talk of the amusement park, and to be completely honest, there was no more talk at all, except the small responses and questions if any one of the boys dares to speak.

It wasn't that they were mad, nor upset, it was just awkward, it a way where talking would only make the huge gap of silence even wider.

Felix laid on the tile floor of the dance room, limbs spread out like a starfish. His lungs felt like they would collapse any second, and he felt like drinking water would make him throw up. Hence, he prevailed from quenching his thirst.

Hyunjin was no better, lying on the bench nearby and his hand playing with the empty water bottle next to him. His focused on stabilizing his breathing, taking slow deep breaths.

It had been almost 5 hours since they started this, continuing with mostly just 5 minute breaks, doing everything to get their routine perfect. Momo had clearly said it was the most anticipated performance, they were not going to mess this up. No matter what.

"You good?" Hyunjin asked, eyeing the clock that was ticking on the corner of the room.

Felix nodded, shakily getting up. His legs collapsed once, but he forced himself to get up.

"We could stop..." Hyunjin said, looking concerned.

Felix shook his head, his throat too dry and raspy to bother with words.

With a last glance, Hyunjin got up as well, putting on the melody, and walking to the center of the room where Felix stood, right infront of the mirror.

The same lyric less melody from hours before began once again, a vicious loop of music echoed the room, and the two males began to dance like clockwork, the choreography imprinted in their veins, and there was no room for error. Their arms and legs did the work, and their minds were analyzing every detail, angle, twist and turn, making sure every move was precise and perfect.

It was when the music stopped abruptly that they did too, collapsing on the floor once again.

"We should probably get to work on the refrain of the song..." Felix said, getting up and heading towards the music system.

"The brochure which Momo-ssi gave has out theme, and which ballet we should be doing." Felix explained to Hyunjin, who was looking at him searching his bag.

"Here! I've got it..." The younger boy said, turning the pages of the pamphlet.

"Oh." 

Hyunjin reached over taking the paper, and reading the exact same words Felix did.

There, highlighted in the middle of the page, in cursive black letter was the theme of their routine, their story to portray.

𝓢𝔀𝓪𝓷 𝓛𝓪𝓴𝓮

"I mean, it's just a story... so... which act do we have?" Hyunjin asks, trying his best not to dwell on the matter.

"The dance at the lake, when Odette, meets the prince, or in simple words, when the two main characters in the story first meet to dance at the lake." Felix says, half-reading from the paper, and explaining at the same time.

"Are the characters assigned or..." Hyunjin asked, looking at his own brochure, wondering where the fuck Felix is reading all this.

"It's assigned, and it's written on the second-last page, idiot." Felix says, opening  the page infront of Hyunjin's eyes whose mouth fell in an 'o'.