Chapter 8

Sana POV

I sat on the chair, waiting for the doctor to come out and tell me Ethan is fine. I really hope Ethan is fine because I don't know how I will live without him. He was conscious at first but then he went unconscious which scared me a lot. I was alone as well, which didn't help the case because it only made me more scared. The crash kept playing in my head which didn't help the crying.

I didn't know what to do in this situation, I tried to relax but I just can't. I mean I still don't know how serious the situation of Ethan is right now. I have experienced this once with my husband and I can't believe I am experiencing it again with my son again. At least when my husband suffered a near death crash I wasn't at the track so I didn't see how the whole thing happened. This time it was different, I saw Ethan hit the barrier while in the air and I was with him the whole time.

After an hour or so, the doctor came out. I was still very emotional right now and quickly ran towards the doctor trying to know what happened to Ethan and make sure he was alright. I crossed my fingers hoping Ethan has lived through this.

Sana: Doctor, how's Ethan?

Doctor: He is fine, but he suffered a concussion and is still unconscious. The force of impact wasn't that strong so there are no serious injuries to him. He should be able to wake up soon and fully recover within a month. We will transfer him to a private ward, you can be with him there.

Thank god the doctor said Ethan is alright. I gave out a sigh of relief hearing that Ethan was fine from the doctor. He only suffered a concussion and he will wake up soon. Hopefully he will wake up really soon and be his happy self again. Wait, did the doctor said concussion? That was what my husband suffered when he was involved in that Super GT crash and he got dementia after that which nearly ruined my life. I hope Ethan doesn't get dementia and forgets about who his mother was. I need to ask the doctor.

Sana: WAIT, doctor, will Ethan suffer from dementia and forget about things?

Doctor: The checks were alright, it wasn't a major concussion so he won't suffer from dementia. As for amnesia, we are pretty confident it won't happen but he might forget why he is in hospital as he passed out shortly after the accident.

Sana: Thanks doctor.

Phew, Ethan didn't suffer from any dementia or amnesia which is good because I don't want him forgetting who his mother is. My husband has already forgotten about me when suffering from demential, I don't want to go through it again. Also, if he did he would definitely use this as an excuse when he does poorly in school. I need to call my husband to see where he is.

Sana: Hey, where are you.

Y/N: I'm just finishing up fixing up the kart.

Sana: ARE YOU SERIOUS (shouts)? Your son is in hospital unconscious and you are still fixing up his kart?

Y/N: Right fine, I'll come to the hospital right now.

Seriously, I can't believe this guy. I know I married a motorsport addict, but I couldn't believe that he would rather fix the kart over making sure that his son was fine. I was so mad at him but it was the hospital and people are looking at me weird when I shouted at him over the phone. Respecting the surroundings, I decided not to argue about this matter with him now. I will settle with him about this at home when Ethan feels better.

I walked into the ward, Ethan needs me right now, even though he doesn't know that I am next to him but it doesn't matter because he will know I am next to him when he wakes up. I looked at Ethan, lying down, it reminds me of when I saw my husband in the hospital after his crash, just lying there. But he wasn't lifeless, he was peaceful. It was still painful to watch, my own kid lying in hospital like that. What did he do to deserve this at such a young age? I started to tear up next to Ethan as I brushed his hair while he just lied on the bed without reacting. Then, I sat down on a chair next to him holding his hand praying that he will wake up very soon.

After a while, my husband finally arrived. If I am honest, I am really mad at him. I mean how could he not care about his son when he was watching his son suffer a crash like that. But I calmed myself down because I didn't want to argue with him. What Ethan needs right now is our support so I told him to grab a chair and sit next to Ethan.

Y/N: What's the situation.

Sana: The doctor said he suffered a concussion, but the force of impact wasn't that big so he'll be alright.

Y/N: How long will it be until he fully recovers?

Sana: Doctor said about a month.

Y/N: Good, he could still participate in the final few races of this year then.

I can't believe this man. Ethan has just suffered a really serious crash and he's still about letting him to race after a month? I tried my best to hold off from an argument but I just can't.

Sana: You can't be serious.

Y/N: What's wrong now?

Sana: Are you trying to kill our only child or what? He just suffered a crash like that, resulting concussion and you still want him to race?

Y/N: But that's what Ethan wants. He wants to race. And the safety devices now protects the drivers really well. Why do you always try to keep Ethan from being happy and force him to go to school. He clearly likes motorsport and wants to be a Formula 1 driver one day.

Sana: Because I don't want him to end up like you

Y/N: What does that mean?

Sana: Do you not know how much pain I suffered when you had that crash and lied on that hospital bed lifelessly for months? I don't want to see Ethan like that.

There was no point arguing anyways. He still doesn't get my point and we are both on different pages. I just don't want Ethan to turn into him, I want Ethan to grow up happily like a normal kid. Not lie in hospital every week suffering from concussion. My husband clearly doesn't know about the pain to see someone lie in bed unconsciously. I don't want Ethan to suffer what my husband did, I can't afford to lose Ethan as he is my only child.

Oof Ethan is now in hospital with concussion which is a familiar scene. So will Ethan survive this crash? Continue reading to find out.

If you find the flashbacks confusing then please go read the first book before you read this sequel. Once you have read A Race To My Heart then this book will make so much more sense to you.

Finally, this is the second chapter today because I have so much time and was very bored. Please vote for this chapter and share this book. Make sure you add this book to your library and follow my profile to never miss an update. Thank you very much for your support and reaching 150 reads.