Chapter 24

Ethan POV

It was the final race of the Formula 3 season and it has been a really good season for me, I have picked up 3 wins throughout the season and scoring a lot of points as well. I was currently leading the championship by a few points with Dennis Hauger behind. I really need to have a good race here in the Circuit of the Americas in order to win this race. Because it was the final race of the season, my dad decided to come and watch and I also invited Shuhua as well. Over the past month, me and Shuhua have really became closer and I was being more friendly towards her as well which is why I invited her to watch me win the championship. 

Qualifying went brilliant for me. As this was a new track on the Formula 3 circuit, most of the drivers are still trying to find the limit of this track. This means that the first one to find the limit on this track would have the benefit of a chance at pole position. Luckily, that person was me and I managed to qualify on pole position for Race 3 and extend my championship lead by 4 points. However, this also means that I will be starting the first race of this weekend in 12th position. 

Race 1

My starting grid wasn't ideal because staring P12 means that I will be starting right in the middle of the pack which is where the carnage usually happens. There are 11 cars in front of me and 18 cars behind me. Dennis Hauger was starting in 8th position meaning he is 4 grid spots in front of me. I really need to get a good start here if I want to get a good race. As the five red lights went out, 30 cars all charged towards turn 1 for the first time this weekend. It was an uphill hairpin with a wide entry and spotting a gap on the inside of turn 1 I went for the gap. However, Clement Novalak in front had the same idea and the gap I spotted quickly disappeared. With Clement Novalak cutting me off, I slammed on the brakes which caused a huge lock up as I head into turn 1. It was a good spectacle for people watching, but inside the car, I saw the only place I was heading was into the back of Clement Novalak. The inevitable happened, I smashed into the back of the Trident car and me and Clement Novalak are out by turn 1. There was major front suspension damage to my car and there was no way I could continue the race. I kept hitting my steering wheel in anger because not only I will not score any points in this race, I will also be starting the second race in last place. This was the worst possible way to start this weekend and with Dennis Hauger keeping P8, he was now only 2 points behind me in the championship.

Ethan: F***, what the f*** was that. He moved and cut me off.

Jose Perez: Ethan, are you ok?

Ethan: Yeah, I'm ok sorry guys.

I climbed out of the car and the medical car picked me up. Getting a ride back to the paddock, I was still very mad about what just happened in turn 1. Once I arrived, I could tell my dad wasn't impressed about my actions and I just head back to my drivers room without talking to him. I need some peace and quiet but my dad suddenly barged into my room.

Y/N: What was that?

Ethan: Don't want to talk about it.

Y/N: No young man. How many times do I have to tell you that races aren't won in turn 1?

Ethan: Just leave me alone. PLEASE....... I wish my mom was here (mumbles).

I never talked back to my dad like that. But I just really don't want to talk to him right now. Sometimes I would want my mom to be with me in races because in situations like this, my dad would just scold me whereas my mom would be thoughtful, ask if I was alright and then leave me alone. Finally with my dad's scolding over, I was left with some peace and quiet. There was a lot of maths that needed to be done, calculations that I can't do myself so with that, the only way I could recover from this and win the championship is by driving as quick as possible in the final 2 races.

Race 2

Starting last in this race, I have nothing to lose. I need to charge through the field like a hot knife through butter. With that it would require aggressive moves because I was already in the back foot compared to Dennis Hauger. Even though I had a 2 point lead, Dennis Hauger would be starting in P4 and if he wins this race and I finish outside the points, I would be 13 points behind in the championship. I really need to get into at least the top 10 if I want to keep my championship hopes alive.

As the five red lights went out once again for this race, I completely what my dad said about winning races into turn 1 and went for it on the inside of turn 1. However, this time, I managed to make up a few positions because in front of me Clemet Novalak was forced onto the outside and by the end of the first lap, I was in P24 gaining 6 positions on the opening lap. Only 14 more positions until I get into the points. With 10th position as my target, I pushed right to the limit literally charging through the field like a hot knife through butter.

I was currently the fastest man on track, setting the fastest lap of the race just to prove my point. This will get me an extra 2 points if I managed to be inside the top 10. I was pushing as hard as I could during the race and getting myself into P13 with a DRS move on Victor Martins. Things were looking good for me until something changed the whole outcome of the race. Mateo Nannini has spun in the s section and blocking the track collecting David Schumacher as a result. This brought out a safety car, and with that the team decided to pull me into the pits for a gamble.

Jose Perez: Safety car safety car, mode SC and we box to gamble.

Ethan: Are you sure?

Trusting the team, I decided to pull into the pits. I mean Fresh tyres on a track like this would really benefit me right? Turns out I was completely wrong. Coming into the pit box, I was expecting a good pitstop from the team. However, everything that I didn't want to happen, happened. First the team was slow on changing the tyres with the front right causing a problem meaning I have lost some time there. Then, when I was dropped from the jacks, the car stalled which cost me some more time. Finally, to top it all off, the front right which caused me the slow pit stop was not put on the car properly, meaning for the second time in this weekend, I would not be finishing the race. 

Jose Perez: Sorry Y/N, front right not on properly. Stop the car.

Ethan: Am I out?

Jose Perez: I'm afraid so.

Ethan: F***.

I honestly couldn't believe my luck in this weekend. With Dennis Hauger winning the race, and getting 15 points, he now takes over the lead of the championship by 13 points. There was no way I was winning this championship. (To Be Continued)

So that's another chapter out. To keep things shorter, I have decided to split this chapter into 2 instead of making it one big chapter. The next chapter will be the last race of this F3 season. I'm sorry if I'm writing too much racing chapters, but I promise it'll be worth as it all relates to the plot.

Please vote for this chapter and share this book. The next chapter will be out very soon, and make sure you read that as well. Thank you very much for your support on this book and please continue to support me by reading until the end of this book.