Chapter 42

Sana POV

Over the winter, I still wasn't really able to accept the fact that Ethan and Y/N are now back in the relationship that they were when Ethan was a kid. Ethan and Y/N have been spending a lot of time together much to my annoyance. It was the first ever Formula 1 race of Ethan's career and Y/N has given me access to the race and bought my tickets to Bahrain. However, I didn't feel like going. I didn't really want to see Y/N just yet so I decided to watch it on the TV at home. Honestly, I feel like such a bad parent, my son is making his Formula 1 debut but I am not going with him just because I don't want to see my ex husband. Ethan was a little bit disappointed about the situation but I just want to be greedy for once.

Bahrain Grand Prix

Ethan POV

It was the first race of the season and my Formula 1 debut. I tried to ask my mom to come along but she denied which I am obviously gutted about my mom not coming to watch my Formula 1 debut. However, I need to shake it off and focus on what is in front of me. I need to do a good job and make my dad proud. Pre season went on very smoothly, the car my dad and the team built was very strong and was challenging the midfield pack which and we do have a very good chance of picking up some decent points in the first few races. 

Qualifying didn't really go well for me. As this was one of my first times driving a Formula 1 car, I didn't really get used to it as much as I wanted to. I ended up qualifying 14th on the grid, just managed to get into Q2. On the other hand, Shuhua did really well putting her car 9th on the grid which was very impressive and it shows how much potential this car has. It was all down for me to extract the potential this car has. There was work to do in the race.

Strapping myself into the car, I was feeling very nervous. This was my big moment, I have worked my whole life for this moment. I can't believe that I am on the Formula 1 grid, in a Formula 1 car getting ready for my first ever Formula 1 race. It was a moment that I have dreamt about having since I was a kid. Starting 14th on the grid wasn't really the most ideal position I wanted to start on. However, it does gives me the free tyre choice options and with the car that the team has built for me, I am sure I would be finishing in the points if I play my cards right and do my best during this race.

I was properly shaking when I waited for the five red lights to go out, I can't get rid of my nerves so I will just have to live with it. The start is always important for a race, most of the positions gained are in the opening lap. If I want to have a chance of doing a good job at this race, I need to be aggressive at the start whilst remembering that this race lasts for more than one corner. All I needed here is a good start and then see where the race takes me. Once the five red lights went out, I was able to get an alright start and was immediately juggling positions with Yuki Tsunoda in front. Starting on 14th meant that I was able to get the inside line for turn 1 and I dived down the inside of the tight first corner hoping for the best. Luckily, no damage was done with this reckless move and I found myself in 12th after the first lap.

For the first few laps, I was chasing down Lance Stroll and Esteban Ocon in front who are battling and slowing each other down. I was just following closely behind them trying to figure out how I would pass the 2 cars. A few laps of sitting behind watching them battle, I finally saw my opportunity. Lance Stroll tried to go down the inside of Esteban Ocon but misjudged his braking point and overshot turn 11, forcing Esteban Ocon wide. With both cars off the track, I swooped round on the racing line to take 10th position, finally being into the points.

David Greenwood: Ok Ethan, great job. Gasly and Sainz in front on the softs. We will be expecting them to pit soon. Everything you've got.

The car was really in sync with me and I was starting to get more and more confidence driving this machine. With the tyre advantage I kept closing the gap to Gasly and Sainz in front. Once they have pulled into the pits, I started to push as hard as I could. Making sure that I could over cut the 2 cars in front by going the extra laps. I was pushing so hard, and after around 15 laps the tyres can't stand anymore as I called the team for a new set of hard tyres which will hopefully take me to the end of this race.

Ethan: Guys, tyres are going off.

David Greenwood: Copy, box and pit confirm. Torque 1 in the pit box, hold the brakes. You will be close with Sainz on the exit.

The team did a decent pit stop, 2.8 seconds wasn't that bad. As I was at the pit exit, I was comfortably ahead of Gasly in the Alpha Tauri. Looking into my mirrors for a shoulder check, I saw the red car of Carlos Sainz in my mirrors. This was closer than I thought it would be, not wanting to lose the position, I held the inside line for turn 1 and tried to chop the Ferrari off into turn 2. By the time I have reached the third corner, I was ahead of Sainz and was able to push on with fresher tyres than the Spaniard in the Ferrari.

The final stint was a bit boring. After my one and only pit stop, I was in 8th position and Shuhua was in 5th position. All of the front runners have to come into the pits for another set of tyres which means I was able to inherit 5th place. Coming home at the end of the race, I finished 4th position. This was amazing for me and I was very happy that the team was able to build me a car that could do so well on the track. Starting 14th on the grid, I never expected that I could finish 5th on my debut race in Formula 1. I only have the team to thank for.

David Greenwood: Good job Ethan, what a drive. P14 to P5, pick up rubber and bring the car home.

Ethan: WOOOOO, YESSSSS HAHA. Thanks guy, the car was amazing. This is shaping up to be a really good season for us.

Getting out of the car, I saw my dad standing there with a smile on his face. Almost immediately, I ran over and hugged him. He looks really impressed with my performance in this race. 

Ethan: Dad, how did you like my race today.

Y/N: Son you really impressed me today. But don't get too happy, there's still work to do. Let's go and win some races for our team.

Honestly, with a car like this. I was looking to have a very very good season ahead of me. The car felt like it was capable of winning races and competing at the front. My dad was right, we have work to do. It was a very long season and anything could happen. A 5th place finish isn't going to satisfy me.

So here's another chapter of this book. Ethan has finally made his debut in Formula 1. What do you think will happen on Ethan's first ever season in Formula 1? Continue reading to find out. 

Also, I am going to cut this book short. Don't worry I will finish writing it but this book will end in 2 chapters. I'm not going to say if it is a happy or sad ending. If you would like to find out, don't miss out on the final 2 chapters of the book and please read until the end.

Thank you very much for your past support on this book and please vote for this chapter. Share this book if you have enjoyed it. Also please continue supporting the final 2 chapters of this book.