Chapter 39

Few Months Later

Y/N POV

Shuhua was right, I need to move on from the divorce. Stuck thinking about the divorce is just going to make me even more depressed and cause a lot of problems that I don't need. I need to look to the future, after all the future is definitely going to be bright. Sana and Ethan are my past now and I shouldn't dwell on them. Life needs to continue, work needs to be done and a lot of things needs to move on. For the past few months, I have been focusing fully on work and without having to think about Ethan,  I have managed to get a lot more work done that I expected.

During this time, I have managed to finalise everything for my Formula 1 team and we are ready to make the big announcement to the world about my new Formula 1 team. Everything went on very smoothly as we have managed to strike a deal with Renault as an engine supplier for a very reasonable price. All the sponsors that Shuhua was getting for the team seemed to be onboard for this project and the cash flow has been very positive. Everything seems to be under control for the big reveal apart from one things, the drivers.

Since the start of this project, I had wanted Ethan to be part of this and I would be surprising him with the big reveal and ultimately giving him the Formula 1 seat. But without contacting Ethan ever since the divorce, I didn't know if he is onboard with this. I have been following his results very closely and he was doing very well in the Formula 2 Championship. I still want him in the team with me and currently we only have one driver, and that is Shuhua. We need two drivers to qualify as a team. Obviously there are a lot of drivers that we could pick in the market for the drive, I still wanted Ethan in my team. This is my team, he is my son and I want him to race under my family name. 

I was sat on my desk analysing the options for the second driver, and there were a lot of options. Alpine wanted to put Oscar Piastri in our second car, Callum Ilott, Christian Lundgaard, Juri Vips and Dan Ticktum all wanted the seat. However, none of these candidates sound as right as Ethan. It was a really difficult choice to make and the deadline for announcement is coming very soon. I really need to make a decision quick even though I can't really pick one. I decided to consult the technical director Paddy Lowe and see what he thinks is the best option.

Y/N: Paddy, I'm just analysing the possible candidates for our second seat for the upcoming season. What do you think?

Paddy Lowe: Thought you wanted your son Ethan in the seat. I think he's good enough for Formula 1 and can bring this team to achieve great things.

Y/N: I know, but things are a bit complicated between me and him now.

Paddy Lowe: Ah, well I think our best option is Oscar Piastri. If you want a driver who can be more permanent for the team Dan Ticktum could be a good option too. But I still think Ethan is the best option for us. After all he's your son and nobody knows him more than you, also he will be easier to manage too.

Y/N: Thanks Paddy. I'll go think about it.

Paddy Lowe: Just a reminder, the announcement is in 3 days so you need to be quick.

I went back to analyse the options a little bit more. Paddy was right, Ethan is the perfect candidate for us. Because he is my son, he will be the easier to manage and I know him better than any other driver. He is basically my successor in the motorsport world. However, contacting Ethan might be a challenge. I haven't talked to him for a long time, the only thing I know about him is that he is back living with Sana for the winter break and that he still didn't have a drive for next season. If I wanted to give him this drive, I need to go talk to him and that means I will see Sana. 

Thinking for a little bit longer, I decided to put my bravery on and head to Sana's house with the contract in my hand. I need to face Sana, this is for the future of the team and hopefully a little light to patching up things between me Sana and Ethan. Knowing that will never happen, I still went to Sana's house so I can drop of the contract to Ethan. I just hope me and Ethan could go back to where we started with this.

It is going to be awkward seeing Sana and Ethan, I don't even think they would want to see me as well. But I need to face this. Arriving at Sana's house, I took three deep breaths and knocked on the door. There was no going back from this, I just hope it's not Sana who opens the door.

Knock Knock

Soon the door opened and much to my luck, Sana opened the door. There she was, pretty as ever. I really missed her. I was spacing out a little but just admiring her beauty until she decided to break the silence.

Sana: Why are you here? What do you want? You know I don't really want to see you.

Y/N: I'm actually here to see Ethan.

Sana: There is no way you are taking Ethan away. If you want another son just go have one with that girl you keep hanging out with.

Y/N: Honestly, this is just a big confusion. But I'm not here to explain stuff, I'm here to give this to Ethan. As much as you hate me and don't want to do this, just give this to him please. It's for the best for his future. If you want Ethan to have a bright and successful future, give this to him please.

Sana: Fine, now you get out of my house please.

SLAM

She slammed the door on me, this wasn't the first time she did that to me. I really get her frustrations. Now that is my part done, I have given the offer to Sana and told her that this is for the best of Ethan's future. I just have to hope that Sana does her part as well and let Ethan know about the offer. 

Woohoo another update today. Because I didn't have any class today so I thought I spend some time on writing my book so here I am with another chapter. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I will try and upload a new chapter during the weekend. 

Thank you very much for you past support. As always don't forget to vote for this chapter and comment about what you think of this chapter. Share this book if you enjoyed it and please continue to support this book. Your support really motivates me to continue on writing this book.