Chapter 31

Y/N POV

It was extremely busy at work which wasn't what I wanted. What I wanted right now is to spend more time with Ethan but I can't because of work. There was too many stuff to do when I am setting up my own Formula 1 team. With Shuhua not having any experience in single seaters, I have to guide her and make sure that she is capable of handling a Formula 1 car when she eventually makes her debut. Also, the engine deal was no where near finalised with Mercedes meaning that there were still a lot of stuff to do. Sometimes I really hope that I could ditch all the things I have at work and just relax and spend some time with my family.

The past few days, I have been spending so much time at the factory that I have no time what so ever to spend time with Ethan even when it was my turn to take care of him. Today, he will be returning to my place after spending a few days with Sana. Me and Sana still do this thing where we share responsibility with taking care of Ethan. However, with me constantly at work I could tell that Ethan is closer with Sana than he is with me. I am looking to try and set the record straight and get closer with my son as the relationship problems we had seemed to have been fixed.

Today was no different. I went to work straight after breakfast and spent the whole day at the factory sorting out paperwork and making sure that our chassis was on track. Most of the day, I spent my time in the simulator with Shuhua, tracking her progress on the Formula 1 simulator. By the time I was done with Shuhua's programme, it was very late and it was time for dinner. I need to rush back home so I could have some dinner with my son Ethan. However, Shuhua seemed to have different ideas.

Shuhua: Thanks boss for tracking my progress.

Y/N: No worries Shuhua, you are improving everyday. A few more sessions in the simulator you won't need me anymore. Anyways, it's getting late so I'll see you tomorrow.

Shuhua: Actually you want to have dinner together? I'm kind of bored eating alone every night.

Y/N: I'm going home to have dinner with my son but I guess you could join too.

Shuhua: Oh, I don't really know about that. I wouldn't want to bother your family time.

Y/N: Come on Shuhua, you're like family to me too. I'm sure Ethan would be happy to see you too.

Shuhua: Sure, I'm in. I haven't seen Ethan for a long while.

I mean I was actually looking forward to have dinner with Ethan alone and spend some quality father son time together. However, I can't leave Shuhua alone. Ever since I brought Shuhua onboard on my team, I have treated her like my own daughter. She left her family from Taiwan to come and pursue her racing dream and I was like family to her. Therefore, I have no choice but to take her home, plus it would be nice for Ethan to get even more acquainted with Shuhua. It's not every day that Ethan get a chance to spend some time with girls around his age given that he spends most of his time alone at race tracks. 

Ethan POV

Honestly, even though I have patched things up with my dad I still felt a bit neglected from him. He always goes to work straight after breakfast and always comes home very light. I tried my best to wait for him to come back but he always comes back home way past midnight so I always fell asleep before he comes back home. I don't know what he was doing at work, I mean last time he gone out this early and came home this late I suspected that my dad was having an affair on my mom, and I am started to suspect the same thing this time. He was very suspicious when he left this morning and didn't want me to visit the factory with him. It was very hard to not suspect that my dad is seeing another women behind me and my mom.

Today was no different, my dad got out very early and left me alone at home the whole day. I was very bored and tried to find something to do like play video games and watch some TV. I was expecting another day of having dinner alone and was preparing to cook my dinner already but suddenly, I received a text from my dad.

 I was expecting another day of having dinner alone and was preparing to cook my dinner already but suddenly, I received a text from my dad

I was so happy that my dad has decided to spend some time with me alone tonight for dinner. I was really looking forward to this because it has been such a long time since me and my dad has spent some father and son time. I was really looking forward to this that I even helped set the table and take out the plates just to prove how excited I was to spend some time with my dad. I sat on the sofa waiting for my dad to bring home some dinner. I didn't know what he was bringing home but I hope it was my favourite okonomiyaki.

About an hour later, I was really hungry but I was still waiting for my dad to come home. It was 9PM and I haven't eaten anything. Obviously it was a long journey from the factory to home so it will take my dad some time before he gets home. I was slightly losing some patience but I still waited. Finally, my dad came home and it was time for dinner at last. I went to the door to greet my dad and that was when I met Shuhua. I wasn't really sure why she was here but I guess it will be nice to see her again given that I haven't seen her for so long. But I wasn't shy of hiding my disappointment when I realised that I wouldn't be sharing some quality father and son time alone with my dad.

And I'll end it there. What do you think will happen next between Shuhua and Ethan? Continue reading to find out.

This book is very long away from it's ending but I am trying to finish it as soon as possible so I will be trying to write as quick and as much as possible. If you feel the chapters are too rushed do tell me in the comments. 

Don't worry I will not put this book on hiatus even though I am bored of writing this plot. But if you don't want to miss any updates, do add this book to your library so you get notifications of when a new chapter is published. 

Finally please remember to vote for this chapter and share this book to your friends. Thank you very much for you previous support and please continue to support this book. Your support honestly gives me so much free motivation to continue writing this book.