Chapter 28

Y/N POV

With my son Ethan entering Formula 2, it has put him in a prime position for a seat in Formula 1. However, Ethan didn't have affiliates with any driver academy which doesn't matter to me because I am making my own Formula 1 team. If everything goes well, the new team will be ready and running in the next season and Ethan would have a seat in Formula 1 after this Formula 2 season. This would be my big surprise to Ethan. I want Ethan to work hard so I decided to keep this Formula 1 plan as a secret. All I need now is that I need Ethan to get some simulator work and Formula 1 experience, and with my past relationship with Ferrari from my career, I managed to sort that out in no time. 

Ethan POV

As I arrived, I breathed in the fresh hot desert air of Bahrain. This is it, the season opener of the Formula 2 season. Campos Racing have put a lot of faith in me by promoting me into Formula 2 and I should repay them with some good results. I also know this is the stage where Formula 1 scouts keeps a close eye on. This is my opportunity to get into Formula 1 and with my dad behind my back, I am sure if I do my part which is put in good and consistent results, my dad would be able to strike a deal for me with some Formula 1 teams. This is my moment, my chance to land a Formula 1 driver and reach my childhood dream. 

The Bahrain International Circuit, this wasn't a circuit that I didn't have a lot of experience. It will be my first time racing here, the only experience I have in this track is the Formula 2 Pre Season Testing. Even with my limited knowledge and experience with this track, I managed to qualify in P5 for the race which was a brilliant qualifying position. With the reverse grid rule, I will be starting in 5th for Sprint Race 1. It was an extremely nervous moment for me as I kick start my first ever Formula 2 career.

Sprint Race 1

Sprint Race 1 was a disaster, I stalled off the line which means after turn 1, I was already last and playing catch up. This was the worst possible start for my Formula 2 career and there was no way I would be impressing any Formula 1 teams with performances like these. However, I managed to compose myself and put in some overtakes for show, finishing the race in 16th. It was not a good debut but thankfully my dad wasn't here. If my dad was here, he would definitely give me some harsh words regarding me stalling off the line.

Sprint Race 2

With the results of Sprint Race 1 setting the grid for the second sprint race, I started in 16th position. It wasn't an ideal starting position as I would be right in the middle of everything that will happen in the start procedure. Once again, I tried my best to limit the damage that has been done in the first sprint race and tried to claw back to some position. I made up 6 positions during the race with a few amazing overtakes. At the end of the race, I finished 9th which wasn't too bad. However, because it was the sprint race it wasn't one of the points paying position. It was really a disappointing start to the start of my Formula 2 season.

Feature Race

Entering the feature, the final race of this Formula 2 weekend. It was my last chance this weekend to score some points. Starting in 5th position, I was in prime position to not only score some good points but also a podium finish was on the table. As the five red lights went off, I managed to jump Oscar Piastri in 4th who was having a load of wheel spin off the line. Finding a gap on the outside of turn 1, I tried to go round the outside to take 3rd but the gap was quickly slammed shut by Dan Ticktum. I tried to keep my nose in but Dan Ticktum clipped my front wing which might have caused some damage and Piastri re overtook me on the inside for 4th. 

I think I definitely have damage because I was going very slowly in the corners compared to the cars in front and was holding up a big train behind me. It wasn't easy keeping the cars behind, and entering lap 3 I found myself at the same position as the Formula 3 finale last season. The cars behind are lapping quicker than me and have DRS. This time, I defended for life as Theo Pourchaire kept trying to make a move on the main straight. 

Laps and laps passed by, and I still managed to keep Theo Pourchaire behind who was lapping way quicker than me. It wasn't easy, but I managed to pull through and kept my position. Not a bad debut I thought to myself, managing that damage I suffered from lap 1. After the race, I went back to the paddock and immediately my dad called me. Oh god, he is definitely going to talk about how races aren't won in turn 1. I didn't want to pick this call up but I had no choice, my dad was managing my career so I would want to get on his side.

Ethan: Hey dad. Did you watch the race?

Y/N: Yes I have and how many times I have to tell you that races aren't won in the first corner. You clipped someone's rear tyre and ruined your own race at the first corner again. A podium was on the cards today.

Ethan: I managed to finish 5th and I'm happy with me.

Y/N: Anyways, I don't want to argue. You are old enough to make your own decisions. I just called to see if he's contacted you yet?

Ethan: Who's he?

Y/N: Never mind, forget what I said.

I knew it, my dad was calling to rant about how I shouldn't take big risks heading into the first corner. Anyways, I forgot about what he said about winning races in the first corner and focused on that one sentence. "If he's contacted you yet". Who is this he that my dad was talking about. I was very confused, but anyways I shook it off me and quickly packed so I could head home for the break before Monaco. When I was walking down the paddock heading for the exit, someone in a Ferrari team kit stopped me. Maybe this was the he that my dad was talking about.

???: Hey Ethan, great race today despite the front wing damage.

Ethan: Uhhh, thanks?

Massimo Rivola: Sorry, my name is Massimo Rivola. I'm the head of the Ferrari Driver Academy. We don't usually do recruits like this, but your dad Y/N has asked us to do him a favour.

Ethan: My dad did what?

Massimo Rivola: Well he wanted you to gain some experience in a Formula 1 simulator and has told us to give you the simulator driver role. After seeing your performance this race, we are very happy that we are willing to give you the role. Welcome to the FDA young man.

Ethan: Thanks. What do I have to do now?

Massimo Rivola: It's ok, your dad has sorted everything for you. If there's any problems, we'll contact your dad and he'll tell you. Enjoy your break young man.

So that was the he my dad was talking about. Honestly, I didn't expect my dad to do this for me. Trying to find a role for me in the Ferrari Driver Academy. I am starting to think that even with the harsh words that my dad kept giving me after every race, I still have the best dad in the world. This was truly brilliant news for me, joining the Ferrari Driver Academy opens a completely new opportunity for me in the Formula 1 world as I move one more step closer to my Formula 1 dream. Now, I really need to perform my best in this Formula 2 season if I wanted a drive in Formula 1 next season. 

Finally another chapter. I'm trying to finish this book before school starts and I can tell you school starts very soon. Sorry if this chapter is a bit rushed especially with the details of the race. 

The story will focus on Y/N and Ethan for the upcoming chapters. But don't worry Sana will reappear into this story later so continue reading this book.

Like always, please vote for this chapter and share this book. Thank you very much for your previous support and please continue to support this book until the end.