60

• Ariana •

Jai holds back my hair as I continue to throw up every organ in my body. (note the exaggeration).

A week has passed since Amelia tried to jump off the bridge. Every morning I've woken up to nausea and then ended up throwing up.

"Jai?" I ask, finally able to speak with my now raspy voice.

"Yeah?" He asks.

"I...I think I need a pregnancy test..." I stutter, nervous that he'll explode and walk out.

He looks at me for a moment and I feel my heart start to speed up.

He's gonna walk out. He's gonna walk out. He's gonna walk out. I think to myself.

"You...you really think...?" He asks nervously.

I nod my head, feeling like I'm going to cry.

"It's been every day for a week straight... we've gotta make sure..." My voice is shaky.

He stands up and helps me off the floor.

"I'll go get it." He tells me calmly.

"O-okay..." I stutter nervously.

He leaves the room, shutting the door behind him. A minute later I hear the front door shut.

I sit down on my bed and begin to cry. This could all turn into a nightmare. If it's positive he'll probably leave. I think, making myself cry more.

A while passes by as I sit on my bed crying, waiting for Jai to come home.

I hear a light knock on the door and then it opens. It's Amelia.

"Hey Ari, what's wrong?" She asks, coming in and sitting next to me.

"Nothing love. It's okay, don't worry about it." I tell her, wiping away my tears.

"No. Something's wrong." She says with sadness in her voice.

I quickly come up with a lie, not wanting her to know anything.

"It's just... I found out that Alexa's dog died..." I wipe another tear out of my eye.

She wraps her arms around me, believing my terrible on the spot lie.

"It's going to be okay Ari." She whispers.

"Thank you Amelia." I hug her back.

"Of course. You're always here for me, now it's my turn." She tells me.

My heart melts at that. She's so sweet. But I feel a wave of guilt in my stomach. I just push it away as best I can.

We stay like this for a while until there's another knock on the door. My heart starts racing, thinking it's Jai. The door opens and it's Maya.

"You guys okay?" She asks.

"Yeah, Alexa's dog just passed away." Amelia tells her.

"I'm so sorry Ari. Losing an animal is always hard." She tells me, coming over and giving me a hug.

"I'll be okay. I'm just really sad for Alexa. She got her dog when we were 10, so he's been with her for a long time." I lie, making myself more sick to my stomach.

"Hey, why don't you girls go get dressed and we'll go out to lunch." I say, trying to find an excuse to get them out of the room.

"Okay." They agree and shut the door over on the way out.

"Oh, hey Jai." I hear Amelia say.

"Hey loves, what's up?" I hear him ask.

"Ari said we can go out to lunch if we go get ready. You wanna come with?" She asks.

"Umm... yeah sure! I have to talk to Ari first about a video we're filming so take your time getting ready." He tells her.

"Alright cool." Amelia says.

A few seconds later, Jai opens the door, comes in, and closes it behind him.

"Got it..." He says, barely audible.

I nod and he hands me the bag that was hidden in his jacket.

I take it and go into the bathroom. My hands are shaking like crazy and I feel like I'm going to throw up at any second.

I open the thing and do everything I need to do. Once I'm done with that lovely process (sarcasm), I come back out with tears in my eyes and shaky hands. I don't look at him face to face. Instead I'm standing in front of the mirror. I see his reflection behind me.

"Well?" Jai asks calmly.

"I didn't look yet." I whisper, terrified of the results.

A minute passes and we're both silent. I just look straight into the mirror. Not at Jai, but at myself.

He's going to leave. The same sentence echoes through my head.

I finally take a deep breath and look down at the stick in my shaky hands...

A/N one more chapter and then an epilogue ❤️