10

• Ariana •

After we get upstairs, Jai goes to our room and Amelia and I go to her guest room.

"I'm not sure I have anything... dressy..." She says.

"That's actually a good thing." I giggle.

"Why?" She asks me confused.

"I'll be right back!" I say, running off to my room.

I have the perfect outfit idea for Amelia. I think I might have an old dress that'll fit her.

I walk in to see a topless Jai and his clothes already all over the place.

"Jai! How did you make a mess already? We haven't even been up here for 5 minutes yet!" I say trying to be serious, but a giggle slips out.

"I know... I just have 'getting ready' issues..." He says with a small laugh.

"Yes I know." I giggle.

I walk over to my walk in closet and grab an old pink dress. Before going back to Amelia's room, I stop by Jai and give him a kiss.

"I expect all this cleaned up before we leave!" I say and then walk back to Amelia.

She is sitting on the bed taking some bracelets out of her little bag when I walk in.

"Okay so here's the dress and I think the shoes are in the closest in here. Go ahead and slip on the dress while I look for the shoes." I tell her.

"Alright." She agrees.

I go over to the closet, open it up, and look for the shoes. It takes me a good minute and a half to realize they're on the top shelf, right in front of my nose. I'm so oblivious.

I grab the shoes and walk out of the closet, shutting the door. I then turn around to see Amelia in the little pink dress. She looks so pretty... yet so so thin. You can see her collar bones and her figure is just... so frail looking. We can make up an excuse if anyone asks questions...

"So..." Amelia says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"You look... beautiful." I tell her.

"You don't have to lie." She mumbles.

I walk over to her and give her a hug.

"I'm not lying to you." I tell her.

She just let out a small sigh. Her self esteem is so low.

"Take a seat on the bed. I'll help you with these heals." I tell her and she takes a seat.

"Thank you Ariana..." She says in almost a whisper voice.

"You're welcome love. It's no problem at all." I tell her.

"No...I mean thank you for everything. For adopting me, for taking me in, for loving me more than anyone ever has in a time limit of only a few hours. Thank you... you're my hero... and I love you." She says looking me straight in the eyes.

My eyes begin to brim with tears and I finish putting on her shoes.

"Of course love." I tell her as I stand up.

A moment of silence passes by and I wipe the tears away from my eyes.

"Alright, stand up and let's see how you look." I tell her.

She stands up and we walk over to the mirror. She looks beautiful, but still frail. We need to get her help as soon as possible.

"Beautiful." I tell her.