5

• Ariana •

I looked down to see Amelia who is now a sleep in my arms. Her breaths are still shaking from the panic attack she went into. As I stroked her beautiful hair, I noticed she was wearing a baggy hoodie and sweat pants. Well now it makes sense why she's wearing that in 80 degree weather. She's trying to hide how skinny she is. Even with baggy cloths on, she looks so fragile. Another tear rolls down my cheek.

"Ariana?" Jai stutters, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?" I ask him, looking up.

He takes his hand and wipes the tears that continue to brim my eyes. He then leans in and kisses my cheek.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay baby." He tells me.

"I'm just so worried about her." I tell him as tears start to brim my eyes again.

"I know baby. I am too. But we're gonna help her. I don't know much about eat disorders. You saw me when she admitted to it, I didn't even know how to react." He sighs and a moment of silence passes

"I guess I'm a terrible dad for that." He whispers.

"Jai no. You're not a terrible dad. You're an amazing dad. You're a boy. Most boys don't know how to react to eat disorders. Most people in general don't know how to react to eating disorders." I tell him and he just nods his head.

Another moment of silence passes as we look down at our sleeping angel.

"So what do we do for her?" Jai asks me.

"I guess we'll have to figure that out once we get back to LA." I tell him and he nods.

"I have to call Alexa and talk to her about tonight. Can we switch places?" I ask him.

"Sure." He agrees.

I slowly stand up, being as gentle as possible with Amelia still asleep in my arms. She's a very heavy sleeper I'm surprised we didn't wake her up. I hand her to Jai.

"I'll be back in a little bit. Come get me if she wakes up okay?" I ask him.

"Okay." He agrees.

I pull out my phone, walk out of the room and go upstairs to my room. I flop down onto my bed, unlock my phone and dial Alexa's number. After 3 rings she picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Alexa."

"Oh hey Ari! What's up? How was the adoption center? Did you adopt?"

"Yep. Jai and I adopted a 14 year old girl. Her name is Amelia."

"That's such a pretty name. So will I be meeting Ms. Amelia tonight?"

"Ummm... I think so... I'm gonna ask her if she's still up for the whole get together and meeting everyone once she wakes up..."

"Wakes up?"

"Yeah..."

"Why is she asleep? Is everything okay?"

A moment of silence passes by.

"Ari? Are you okay?"

Tears begin to brim my eyes again. I take a deep breath in and then exhale.

"Alexa... if I tell you this, you can't tell anyone. Anyone."

"Okay." She agrees, sounding a bit anxious now.

"Promise me?"

"I promise."

I take another deep breath in and then exhale. A few tears dribble down my cheek

"Alexa she's anorexic." I stutter out and begin to cry.

"Ariana I'm coming over right now."

"O-okay."

I hang up the phone and turn over on my stomach. I grab one of my pillows and cry into it.

Dear God. Why does this little girl have to suffer. I thought to myself.

Why?

-

• Jai •

I watch our angel as she lays asleep on my lap. We picked the perfect girl to start our little family. I just can't believe my princess is anorexic. The cloths she's wearing right now are baggy... she's smart, trying to hide her bones from showing. Her eyelashes flutter as she sleeps and her breaths finally began to go back to normal.

I hear my phone vibrate and Amelia flinches slightly at it. I grab my phone and look at it.

'New iMessage: Ari ❤👧💋'

Hey baby. Alexa is coming over now. I told her about Amelia and she's worried. She also really wants to meet her. So once Alexa gets here we'll come to the den.

Me:
Okay she's still sleeping now. I'll see you in a little bit. P.S i love you so much baby girl

Ari ❤👧💋:
I love you more baby

I smile and click off my phone. Then I look back down at Amelia. Her eyes flutter open.

"Hi Jai." She says in a sleepy voice.

"Hi princess. How are you?" I ask her.

"Still kinda sleepy...ummm was that all a dream...or..." She trails off.

"No it was real. And it's okay. You're okay. And I still love you as much as I did before. And Ariana still loves you as much as she did before too." I reassure her and she sits up on my lap.

"Jai?" She asks, looking me in the eyes

"Yes princess?" I ask, feeling a little concerned with her tone.

"Are you guys gonna...return me because of this?" She asks, tears filling up her eyes and I wipe them away, making her flinch a little.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you flinch. But princess don't ever even think that. You're our baby. We love you so much and nothing will ever make us bring you back." I assure her.

"I love you Jai." She wraps her arms around me.

"I love you too, princess. I wrap my arms back around her.

"You're the best dad in the world." She stutters.

That brought a huge smile to my face. I pull away and look her in the eyes.

"And you're the best daughter in the world."

She shakes her head no and looks down. I raise her chin.

"Yes, you are. And don't let anyone tell you anything different. Fuck anyone who says anything bad about you."

She nods and a moment of silence passes. She climbs off my lap and sits in Ariana's moon chair.

"Where did Ari go?" She asks me.

"She's waiting for Alexa. She's dying to meet you, so Ari is having her come over early." I tell her.

"Okay that sounds good." She says.

Damn. She's really good at putting on an "I'm fine" act. I mean we just found out something so big and she's acting like we've all forgotten about it. I've gotta warn Ariana that she's good at hiding her emotions...

The door bell rings and the dogs immediately run out of the room and to the front door.

"She's here" I say and Amelia smiles

"They'll come back in a few minutes." I tell her and she nods.

I hope this get together takes Amelia's mind off of all of this for a little bit...