6

• Amelia •

I wonder if Jai can tell I'm putting on an act like I'm completely fine. Because I'm most definitely NOT completely fine.

Maybe they won't take me back, but at most they're gonna make me go to treatment or something. They're gonna want me to get better. And there's the problem. I don't want to get better. I like being 70lbs. I want to continue to get skinnier. I understand they're worried and want to help me, but there's no need for them to be worried. I just wanna be thin.

Whatever. I'll worry about this later. Right now I'm about to meet Alexa and I'm really excited. This will hopefully get my mind off of things. I'm also excited to meet the rest of Ariana's friends later too. I hope they like me...

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when Ariana and Alexa walked in. I get up out of Ariana's seat.

"Hey Amelia. You okay?" Ariana asks me and she comes over and gives me a big hug.

"Yep. I'm fine." I lie, putting on a fake smile.

I can tell Ariana doesn't believe it, but she pretends she does.

"Alright good. Amelia this is Alexa. Alexa this is Amelia." Ariana introduces us.

"I know who she is Ari. She's your best friend." I giggle.

"It's nice to meet you Alexa." I stutter a little, holding out my hand but instead Alexa gives me a hug.

"It's nice to meet you too Amelia. I love your name by the way. It's really pretty." She says, making me smile.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Ariana looks happy that we're hitting it off well. I'm happy that Alexa seems to like me.

"So should I make us all tea?" Ariana asks.

"Sure I'll have a spot of tea my dear." Jai said using a British accent, making us all laugh.

"Alexa? Amelia? Would you like some too?" Ariana asks.

I nod yes because I'm not that great with accents and I don't wanna embarrass myself.

Ariana looks at Alexa raising an eyebrow.

"Yes please with some crumpets perhaps?" Alexa replies in her British accent, making us all laugh more.

"I think we might actually have crumpets. Come on." Ariana says, leading us to the kitchen.

We take a seat and it doesn't take long until Ariana brings over the tea and some little fancy cookies on a cute plate.

Oh no. Food. I can't do it. I can't bring myself to eat even one cookie.

Ariana hands me my cup of tea, snapping me out of my thoughts. Then she hands Alexa a cup and then Jai. After that, she picks up her cup and raises it in the air.

"To a our new family." She smiles.

"To a our new family." Alexa, Jai, and I all say, raising our cups in the air.

We drink our tea and Ariana and Jai and Alexa eat some cookies. Luckily, they aren't forcing me to eat anything. They probably think I'll go into another melt down if they make me eat anything. I probably would. But I know eventually I'm gonna have to recover and I hate to even think about it.

"Amelia, would you like some more tea?" Ariana asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"No thank you. I'm fine." I tell her.

"Okay." She says, taking my empty glass over to the sink.

She begins to wash the cups and plates from the cookies. I stand up and walk over to her.

"I can help you if you'd like." I stutter.

"That's okay baby, I've got it. Thank you though." She smiles and I nod my head okay.

"Jai you can show Amelia where she'll be staying tonight if you'd like." Ariana says.

"Alright, come on Amelia lets go." He says excitedly and I follow him over to the stair case.

"After I show you you're room I can show you the rest of the house too." He says.

"Okay." I say excitedly.

I can't wait to see this whole house. It might be the biggest one I've ever been in...