17

• Ariana •

I watch as Amelia stares out the window amazed of how the world looks from so high up. She turns and looks at me, her hazel eyes big, bright, and filled with excitement.

"This is incredible!" She says.

"I know it is." I tell her giggling.

She looks back out the window.

"Everything's so tiny... I never thought I'd see anything like this." I hear her whisper to herself.

My heart broke a little. She never thought she'd see anything like this. She never had hope that she'd be adopted.

Jai takes my hand.

"You okay babe?" He asks me.

"Yeah... yeah I'm fine. Just thinking." I tell him.

"Alright." He says.

I lean my head on his shoulder. He kisses the top of my head. Before I knew it, I was asleep.

- ariana's dream -

I look at the clock and it's 8pm. Luke, Beau, Daniel, and James took Amelia out to the beach earlier this afternoon. Jai and I are sitting on our bed looking for treatment centers online.

"How about this one?" Jai asks me.

I look at the computer. The treatment center is called "Los Angles Eating Disorder Center"

We scroll through the page. It's about 10 minutes away from where we live and it's not a treatment center where you stay for a month and then they let you out. It is a counseling place where Amelia will go 2 times a week to talk and the counselor will monitor her weight and help her.

"That one looks good." I say.

I grab my phone and dial the number. Jai and I talk to the assistant and it is exactly the treatment we're looking for. We hear the door open from down stairs and Amelia comes running upstairs. I quickly shut the computer.

"Hey guys!" She says.

She has a towel wrapped around her shoulders and her hair is still a little wet from the ocean water. She's wearing a bikini and her ribs are completely visible.

"Hi love." I say.

"Amelia sit down for a second." Jai says.

"Umm okay.." She says taking a seat on the bed.

"Amelia we found a treatment center for you..." I say.

Her face goes blank.

"But..." She begins.

"No buts. Amelia you have to go. You have to get better." Jai says.

"UGH FINE." She says unhappily and walks out and goes to her room slamming the door.

Jai and I have a conversation and I look at the clock and it says 10pm.

"I'm going to go check on Amelia." I say.

"Alright." Jai says giving me a kiss on the cheek.

I go to Amelia's room and knock on the door.

"Hey love, it's me can I come in?" I ask.

No answer. I push open the door and see Amelia laying on her bed.

No.

I run over to the bed and shake her.

"AMELIA. AMELIA WAKE UP!" I scream.