52

• Amelia •

I'm just about to fall asleep when I hear a light knock on the door.

I open my eyes and nurse Britney opens the door.

"Hey guys, the officer is here to speak with Amelia." She tells us.

I sigh and nod my head weakly.

Nurse Britney moves away from the door and a blonde officer walks in the room, closing the door behind her.

"Hello, I'm officer Kelsey." She tells us.

"I'm Amelia and this is Jai." I tell her.

"Nice to meet you." She says.

"You too." Jai and I reply.

"So Amelia I need you to tell me everything you remember from yesterday. You can choose to have Jai in the room or he can leave." She tells me.

I feel pressured. I really want Ari in here with me, but I don't want to hurt Jai.

"Can I have Ari in here?" I ask. "It's not because I don't want you it's just because she's a girl and... yeah..." I add, looking at Jai nervously.

"It's okay love, I'm not offended." He smiles lightly, letting me know it's okay.

"Would you like me to get her?" Jai asks officer Kelsey.

"If you don't mind." She replies.

"Sure, it's not a problem at all." Jai nods his head and leaves the room to get Ari.

I sit in awkward silence with officer Kelsey for a minute until Ari appears at the doorway. She walks in and shuts the door behind her.

"I'm here baby." Ari says, taking a seat next to me and holding out her hand.

I put my hand in hers and she holds it tight.

She gives me a small smile letting me know I'm going to be okay and that she's here.

I nod weakly and look back at officer Kelsey.

"Whenever you're ready." She says, taking out her notebook and pen.

I inhale deeply and then exhale.

"So Maya and I were in my room talking and looking through my Twitter and stuff. Then I thought it would be fun to go to the park because the weather was so nice. Maya agreed and we went downstairs to ask Jai because Ari wasn't home at the time.

"So I asked Jai and he said as long as we were home at 3 o'clock and as long as I had my phone and would call if anything went wrong, then yes we could go. I promised Jai I'd call if anything happened and Maya promised him that she wouldn't leave me alone no matter what.

"So after Jai agreed, we left. We talked the whole way and then we got there and we sat on the swings and talked until I felt funny. Like a feeling that someone was watching us. But we were the only ones there... or so I thought. The feeling wouldn't go away so I whispered to Maya that I felt like we were being watched.

"She looked around and told me that no one was around watching us and that I was just paranoid because of what happened and that she was right there to protect me.

"So we went back to talking until a few minutes later, I heard something move in the bushes and I could tell by Maya's facial expression that she heard it too. Maya lip synced "1, 2, 3." And when she hit 3, we both ran at the same time and these boys in all black clothes and black ski masks started chasing us.

"We had no idea who they were or why they were chasing us. We kept running for a little bit, but then I fell on the cement and scraped up my knees and elbow and got a cut on my chin."