34

• Amelia •

* Skip to day 30 *

I talked to Jai last night about Ariana. The signs are still there and she should be waking up soon... hopefully soon will be before I get back today... Jai told me that Luke and Beau are going to pick me up and bring me to the hospital. I'm not shocked that the boys know about me being here. I knew they'd find out eventually. I asked him if we can bring Maya with us. Jai said he'll tell Beau and Luke to try and convince the desk lady to let us take Maya since Maya's mom isn't coming to get her anyways. After our last group session, Luke and Beau will come and I'll be able to leave.

Day 30:

Finally, the 30 days are over. I finally get to see everyone again. I miss them all so much. I'm so excited to hug them. I'm so excited to be able to say that I, Amelia Rose Grande-Brooks, has fully recovered from anorexia. Most importantly, I'm so excited to see Ariana and see if she's woken up yet.

I wake up at 7:00am and remember today is the last day. I quickly change for the last time into the new clothes that have been left out for me.

I then run downstairs to see Maya.

I run into her arms and give her a huge hug. She holds me tight.

"It's over. We won." I whisper.

"I know I'm so proud of you... I'm so proud of us..." She whispers back.

I pull away and we walk into the cafeteria for the last time.

We get our food for the last time.

We sit at our table for the last time.

We eat and talk.

After we finish we head up to group for the last time.

When we get there everyone else is already sitting down.

"There you guys are!" Riley says.

"Here we are!" I giggle.

Maya and I walk over and take a seat next to each other.

"I'd like to congratulate each of you. You have all recovered from an eating disorder and I could not be more proud of you girls. It's a very hard mission to accomplish... it almost seems... impossible" She says, turning to me.

"But it's not... sometimes you just need... what was that you told me a few days ago Amelia?" She asks me.

"A friend by your side..." I say, grabbing Maya's hand under the table.

I see Maya smile.

"Yes, that's it." Riley says, smiling.

"I also want to let you guys know if you ever need anything, I'm always here for each of you." She tells us.

We all thank her and give her a hug. I stay after and give her an extra thank you. I tell her that she has inspired me to help people. I give her a hug and tell her I'll come visit soon.

I leave the room and Maya's outside waiting. We go to our rooms and grab the clothes we came here in on day one.

Julia washed them for us. We put them on so we don't have to leave in hospital clothes.
Once I change, I walk outside my door and Maya's waiting for me.

She dresses really cute. She has a punk/rebel style and I really like it.

I grab her hand and swing it back and forth.

"Ready?" I ask.

"For...?"

"Luke and Beau are going to try and convince the lady at the desk to let us take you...home..."