43

***TRIGGER WARNING***

Amelia

"Maya, it's my fault. Your mom hit you because of me. The bathroom flooded because of me. I made you flush the blade." Ariana unexpectedly blurts out.

"BLADE?!" I say loudly.

My eyes dart towards Maya's left wrist which is wrapped in what looks to be a ripped up t-shirt.

She looks away from me quickly.

"Maya you didn't." I say, feeling sick to my stomach.

She still looks away.

"Maya." I say again, this time reaching for her wrist.

She snatches it away and holds it close to her chest, her body now completed faced away from me.

"Why? Why did you do it?" I ask her.

She doesn't answer.

"It's because of me isn't it?" I question.

She still doesn't answer.

"It is because of me." I whisper.

We all sit in silence for a minute or so. Then I stand up and leave the room. Once I'm out of sight, I run through the kitchen and dash up the stairs.

"Amelia?" I hear Ariana call.

I don't answer. I continue up the stairs and go to my room. I shut the door and lock it.

"Maya. Come with me." I hear Ariana say.

I panic, looking around the room for something to block the door.

The biggest thing in here is my dresser, I guess I'll have to move it. Luckily it's not that far from the door. I go over to it and push it as hard as I can. Once it's at the door I hear Ariana from downstairs again.

"Maya." She says.

I look at the door. It's locked and the dresser is against it so no one can get in. I run over to my closet and find my bag that I brought from the adoption center. I grab the box that I knew I'd need eventually. Then I sit down and open in.

I hear Ariana's foot steps on the stairs.

I grab the blade that's in the box.

The door handle twist, causing me to flinch.

"Amelia!" Ariana shouts.

I don't answer. I look at my left wrist. The cut Nash broke opened with his finger nails is still there. I cringe at the thought of him.

"Amelia! Open the door right now!" She yells, I can tell she's crying.

I still don't respond. Can I really hurt her like this?

"Amelia please!" She cries, banging on the door.

I look at the door. Then at the blade. Then at my wrist.

"Amelia! Please don't do it! Please put down whatever you're holding! Please!" Ariana begs through sobs, still banging away at the door.

I hear more foot steps on the stairs.

"Amelia!" I hear Maya shout.

I don't respond.

I put the blade to my wrist ready to drag it. I close my eyes.

*flash back*

I finally remove all 5 bracelets and I hear her sniffle.

She wraps her arms around me giving me a tight hug.