14

• Ariana •

I hear foot steps coming down the stairs as I'm finishing up cleaning and organizing the kitchen. It's Amelia.

"Hey Ari? Which bathroom can I use?" She asks me.

Oh God... bathroom... why does she need a bathroom... what if she's gonna purge...

"Bathroom? Why do you need the bathroom?" I ask nervously.

I can hear the fear in my own voice.

"I have to brush my teeth." She says.

I'm a little bit relieved but still... what if she's just saying that?

"You can use mine love it's right next door to my room. I left a tooth brush and tooth paste out for you." I say trying to sound like I was fine.

"Thank you." She says and then goes back upstairs.

As soon as I know she's all the way up, I follow skipping steps between. I run into mine and Jai's room to see him in his pajamas. aka a pair of sweat pants and no shirt.

I run to him and hug him and he hugs me back tighter. He was going to let go but I hugged him as tight as I could as a sign to not let me go. He didn't. I looked up at him.

"Jai. Amelia's in the bathroom. I don't know what to do. She told me she was just going to brush her teeth so I said okay. Oh Jai what've I done?! How do I make sure shes not purging?!" I ask him, sniffling as a tear rolls down my cheek.

"Go to the bathroom now. Knock on the door and tell her you have to get your makeup remover." He tells me.

I nod and let go of him, running to the bathroom. I knock on the door.

"Hey Amelia, it's me Ariana. Can I grab my makeup remover real quick?" I ask her.

"Umm...yeah." She says, opening the door.

I glance at the sink. The tooth brush and tooth paste haven't been touched yet, which would make since if she was going to purge first. I wonder if I got there right on time.

I grab my makeup remover.

"Hey Amelia?" I say.

"Yeah?" She asks.

"Pinky promise me you won't purge." I hold out my pinky.

"How... how'd you know?" She says tears in her eyes.

"I'm not stupid Amelia. I love you. Please." I beg.

She lets out a small sigh and then locks her pinky in mine.

"I promise." She whispers.

"Thank you." I say.

She nods her head and begins to open her tooth brush.

I trust her.

"Come downstairs when you're done." I tell her.

"Okay." She says.

I go back to mine and Jai's room.

"Okay it's all okay." I say.

"Good." He says.

"I told her to come down stairs when she's done brushing her teeth. I was thinking maybe we could watch a movie if you and her were up for it?" I say.

"Sure, we can ask her when she gets down." He says.

He gets off up the bed and gives me a kiss. Then he takes my hand and we walk out of the room and downstairs to the den.

He sits on the couch and taps the seat next to him. I walk over and sit down, putting my head on his shoulder. We're quiet for a moment.