2

• Amelia •

Not long after I had fallen asleep, I'm shook awake by a boy that I don't know.

"I'm sleeping here? What do you want?" I ask, sounding ruder than I meant to sound.

"You're Amelia Summers right?" He asks.

"Um... yes?" I respond, but it comes out sounding like a question.

"Sam wants you in her office." He tells me.

I roll my eyes. What did I do now? "Uh... Thanks for letting me know..." I say, getting up and heading out the door.

As I walk to Sam's office, I can't stop thinking about what she's going to yell at me for this time. When I reach her office, I hesitate for a moment, but then knock knowing I have to sooner or later. I watch as she gets up from her desk and opens the door. The next thing I know, she's hugging me.

Wait. Sam, the carer that hates me the most, is hugging me? She lets me go when I pinch her back with my sharp nails.

"Oops my bad" I smirk. She gives me a nasty look, but quickly wipes it away.

"Hello Amelia! We've been waiting here so excited for you to come down! Please come sit with us!" She says ever so happily.

What the heck? Why is she so happy? This is the first time I've seen her happy to see me and hopefully the last time I see her happy to see me because honestly, it is quite odd and makes me feel a little nauseas.

I follow her over to her desk. She takes her seat behind it and in front of the desk 2 of the 3 chairs are filled.

In the first chair, there is a girl. I'm guessing by her figure that she is perhaps 20, 21 at oldest. I can't see her face because she is wearing a scarf that covers the whole lower part of her face and dark sunglasses that cover her eyes.

In the second seat which is next to her, there's a boy. Guessing from his figure he looks maybe 18, 19 at oldest. I can't see who he is either. He is wearing a beanie, dark sunglasses to cover his eyes, a black hoodie, and black jeans.

"Hello Amelia!" The girl says and her voice sounds extremely familiar.

"Um... hi..." I manage to stutter out.

"Its so nice to meet you!" The boy adds. He has an Australian accent and also sounds familiar.

"It's um... nice to meet you too." I stutter out. God damn Amelia why can't you talk normally.

"Please, sit, sit!" Sam says, shooting me a glare.

"Okay..." I pull the third chair and sit down awkwardly.

"So why was I called down?" I ask nervously.

"Well" Sam begins, but the girl cuts her off.

"Amelia, we'd like to adopt you!" She says happily.

My mouth drops open and I actually laugh. I look at Sam who looks pissed that she had been cut off which makes me happy, but at the same time I'm still shocked that they want to adopt me. They don't seem like the small family business type.

"You're kidding right?" I ask, still completely shocked.

"Nope." The boy replies.

I can't go through this again. No wonder why Sam was so excited to see me. She got the job as a new "carer" just around the time Bella came. So Sam also has no idea that I had been adopted 6 times before and each time brought back within a month. She thinks she's getting rid of me! Little does she know... if I go with these people, I won't be gone long.