SIXTEEN. house of betray

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

After Mr. Millington had judged River and Noah's project, saying it was unique, and then Alfie and Jerome's project (which led to the dramatic breakup of Mara and Jerome) as well as many more projects being judged, River found herself on stage. With her was Willow who was standing behind a folding screen and KT who was at the back standing before a table. The reason these three girls were onstage was because of River Lawrence and Alfie Lewis.

See, since Amber was not able to come to school, River and Alfie had to take matters into their own hands. All Amber wanted today was to show off her amazing fashion talent to her dad and try to convince him that she was serious about this. She wasn't here, so River and Alfie were determined to make sure her dad saw how talented she was. And by doing that, they needed some help. KT was happy to lend a helping hand as was Willow too.

Accompanying River was her beloved bass guitar that was slung over her upper body. As she was plugging her guitar into the amp, KT approached her side. "You play the bass?"

"You sound surprised," River remarked.

"You just don't strike me as someone who plays an instrument."

"Then what person do I strike you as?"

"Hmm," KT pondered for a moment. "Someone who's seriously scary good at volleyball."

River couldn't help the chuckle that left her mouth as she shook her head. "Okay, let's not get ahead of ourselves."

Alfie approached the duo, handing a portable boombox to KT before going over to where Willow was changing into one of the designs Amber made.

"Wait, if I'm playing music from here," KT began, gesturing to the boombox, "then why are you playing your guitar?"

"Uh, for extra effect, it gains everyone's attention and I look pretty cool while shredding on it," River explained with a shrug while KT smiled. "Hey, uhm, thanks, by the way. For helping Alfie and I with Amber's project."

"Anytime. Plus she's really talented and everyone deserves to see that."

KT made her way to the back as Alfie approached River again, holding a mic in his hand. River could tell he was nervous.

"You think Mr. Millington will be impressed?" Alfie asked.

"No," River answered, earning a worried frown from Alfie. "I know he will be impressed. Amber's talented and it's time for us to show him and everyone else."