TWENTY-FOUR. house of tombs

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Was choosing Trudy's delicious treats of cookies over Sibuna selfish? River didn't know, but she had no regrets because Trudy's cookies were to die for. However, she and Alfie soon realized that they should join their clubmates in the tunnels so they wouldn't miss out on anything. Currently, the prank-loving duo of Sibuna was walking through the tunnel leading to the secret door Eddie found. To say River was surprised that there was another secret tunnel in the tunnel system was an understatement. She thought that Sibuna had covered all the tunnels last year.

"I must not choose food over friends," Alfie repeated to himself. River sent him an annoyed glanced. He'd been saying that since they entered the tunnels. "I must not choose food over friends."

"Alfie, shut up!" River demanded, earning a frown from the boy. She let out a huff as the duo stopped by a small cave entrance. River and Alfie crouched down to it and put their heads through, seeing that it continued and the space was smaller. "How long is this tunnel?"

"Oh, come on!" Alfie groaned. He and River shared a sigh before they crawled through the entrance. This smaller tunnel had many cobwebs much to River's delight, while it certainly did the trick of freaking Alfie out. "Hello?" As they continued crawling down the tunnel, a set of lights on the side appeared, brightening up the area a bit. "I must not choose food over friends. I must not choose food over friends. I must not choose food over friends. You think anybody's there?"

"We haven't even reached the end, Alfie. Come on."

"I hate these tunnels."

As River and Alfie continued, River spotted something on the wall at the bottom of it. It looked like a grated door with holes and on it was a keyhole. Above the keyhole was a familiar moon symbol that looked like KT's key. River nudged Alfie who followed her gaze.

"Maybe this is it," muttered River.

"Is anybody there?" Alfie called out as he and River looked through the holes. Alfie quickly jumped back and let out a shriek, causing River to flinch. His eyes were wide and on whatever terrified him, causing River to follow her gaze and realize that it was a spider.

"Alfie, it's just a spider," River deadpanned.

"Alfie, River!" Eddie's voice perked River and Alfie's ears. As the duo peered closer through the grate, the faces of their friends finally appeared. River released a relieved chuckle while Alfie still looked shaken. "It's us. It's us. It's okay."

"Are you guys alive, dead, or undead?" Alfie checked.

"What?" River responded, throwing Alfie an incredulous look.