FORTY. house of explusion

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

River couldn't believe what she just heard; what she was currently living through. Eric Sweet had expelled her and her friends, and there was nothing they could do.

"Expelled?" KT repeated in disbelief. "Why?"

"No, that's not fair!" Patricia argued.

"Be quiet, Patricia!" Sweet scolded her.

"Don't you think you're being a little too dramatic here, Mr. Sweet? A little unfair?" River voiced in anger. "When half the bull that's happened is partially your fault and your little cronies too!"

"My decision is final, River."

"Oh, my parents are gonna kill me!" Alfie panicked.

"You're trying to get rid of us?" Eddie incredulously questioned.

All at once, the Sibuna gang let out their arguments, aiming to annoy Sweet into changing his mind.

"Silence!" Victor belted, earning silence amongst the group. "You have heard Mr. Sweet's decision. Now, I suggest you go back to the house and start packing."

"This stinks and you know it," Eddie told his father.

"Edison, you will be returning to America as soon as I can book your flight," Mr. Sweet said.

"You can't do that, sir," KT argued.

"You too, KT."

"No more insolence. Go back to Anubis House immediately," Victor demanded before opening the door.

"Come on, guys. They're not gonna listen to us anyway," Eddie defeatedly pointed out.

"Expelling us will keep us out of the school, but it's not gonna keep our mouths shut," River firmly stated, her anger seething. "Good luck trying to come up with an excuse as to why some of your best students have been expelled because failing a supposed eclipse project is a really crappy one."

Shooting one final glare at the two men, River followed her friends out of the classroom for, what seemed to be, the last time.

. . .

"Is this what losing feels like?" River asked her friends as she threw herself on the living room couch between Patricia and Alfie. "Because I hate it."

"I can't believe Sweet expelled us," KT expressed her disbelief. She sat on the other couch beside a disheartened Fabian.

"I thought you said your dad would pretend like the ceremony never happened," Alfie said to Eddie.