TWENTY. house of antechamber

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

It was safe to say that River Lawrence was freaking out right now. The ringing in the tank room was getting louder and more annoying, and the bolts shooting out of the tank (as well as the smoke) were getting dangerously close to her, Fabian, KT, and Patricia.

Finally, their shouts did the trick of snapping Eddie back to reality. The blonde boy with Fabian's help lowered the glass cover back onto the tank and screwed it on. In response, the alarm stopped ringing and the room grew calm again, causing River to let out a relieved sigh.

"Well, there goes my hearing," River was the first to speak up as she shook her head a bit.

"It's him," Fabian said, his face mixed with shock, disbelief, and confusion. Eddie joined the gang as they all faced Fabian who took out the photo of Frobisher-Smythe that looked exactly like the man in the tank. "It's Frobisher. Frobisher-Smythe."

. . .

As she stepped into the school corridors with her friends, River was still spooked out with what happened. Though the proof was right in front of her eyes, she couldn't believe it. Robert Frobisher-Smythe was alive... ish.

"How?" KT inquired of her friends with a confused frown. "It doesn't make any sense."

"There's no question. It's him," Fabian confirmed. "It's amazing."

"It's freaky," River rather voiced. "Dead people are supposed to stay dead, not be kept in a tank like some artifact."

"Victor always thought Frobisher possessed the secret to eternal life," Patricia said as the group stopped in the middle of the corridor.

"If that's eternal life then I am so glad that I'm mortal," KT spoke in relief. "Stuck in a tank forever."

"Well, not if we complete the ceremony," Eddie pointed out, "which we're no closer to working out."

"Yeah, but at least we have a pretty good idea of where to look," Fabian informed the group.

"Yeah, Frobisher's antechamber," Patricia said, earning confused looks from Eddie and KT.

"It's a secret room in the cellar," River explained to the two newest Sibunas. "Frobisher hid it because it contained a lot of his vital information."

"The answer must be in one of his books," Fabian stated. "I vote we go down tonight."

"Okay, but we're missing a buddy."