ELEVEN. house of pi

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

The office door River, Fabian, and Alfie were leaning against suddenly pulled open, causing the trio to fall onto Victor's office floor. As they looked up, their eyes wide, River held an anxious smile, knowing that this was going to be a tough lie to come up with.

"What are you three doing there?" Victor demanded, wearing a vexed look while Trudy looked shocked at the teens' appearance.

River brushed on her jeans and straightened her grey sweatshirt as she, Fabian, and Alfie quickly stood up, the three of them looking stunned as neither had come up with a lie yet. However, it didn't take long for Fabian to start moving. River grew confused, watching the nerd take the flowers out of Victor's vase and handing them to Alfie, while he tugged River by her free arm and making her stand beside him.

"We, uh... We heard you were on a date," Alfie quickly said as he moved over to River and Fabian. Fabian nudged Alfie before gesturing to his guitar while River got the hint and gestured to her saxophone. "And, uh... And we're here to serande you in the language of love!"

"Which I have zero experience in," River piped in with a nervous chuckle, and Fabian and Alfie soon joined in. "Uhm, shall we?"

"Yes!"

Fabian began playing a tune on his guitar and River managed to smoothly follow along as she blew into her saxophone. Meanwhile, Alfie decided he'd be the one to sing the improvised song, "Your eyes are like the stars. They are beautiful and twinkly. Your face is so pure," Alfie continued singing (having no experience in it unlike River and Fabian) as he began gesturing to Victor, an amused grin on his face. "Although his is kind of wrinkly."

River and Fabian stopped playing their respective instruments as Alfie finished his song, the three growing quiet amidst Victor's sour scowl in response to their little performance. River didn't blame the man. That love song ended on a bad note.

"Alfred Lewis," Victor began, his angry eyes on Alfie, "this is not a date."

"Oh," a saddened Trudy uttered.

For a minute, River had forgotten she was there. However, upon seeing the woman's hurt expression, she grew guilty. Trudy rose from her chair, a soft sob leaving her lips as she hurried out of the room.

"Trudy!" Victor tried to call her back, but there was no response.

"Any tips for the band?" Alfie decided that now was the time to break the ice, outstretching his palm to Victor. River smacked the boy on his head, a look of disbelief on her face.