Chapter Five

Chanize POV

Watching the seconds turn in to minutes, I waited... waiting for the clock to strike 5 PM. Today I worked from home, one of the perks of being a team lead, while the ones who worked under me had to be on site,

"Cous..."

I rolled my eyes at the monitor when I heard his voice,

Biggs.

Unlike Mama Biggs knew some thing wasn't adding up with my encounter with Dwayne, and he didn't stop until and got the information out of me, even about Dwayne getting my number,

Yes I figured it out.

But he still hasn't message or call... and it bothers me...

What is your end game here Dwayne?

"Cous..." Biggs knocked on my bedroom door once more.

"Come nuh," I hissed.

"Ya move so shakey?" He chuckled as he pushed open the door, "Look like you bex wid me tru me draw you out,"

"Don't be ridiculous," I kept my eyes on the screen, not meeting his gaze, "I just feel... fool. A gangster out there has my... Dwayne used the oldest trick in a the book fi get me number and me fall fi it... like a big yam head,"

"Stop beat up self over situation you can't controls, him have you number yess, but what you plan fi do when him link you matters," I heard him inhaled strongly, and I knew without looking that he was smoking, I didn't even smell it.

"He hasn't," I grumbled through gritted teeth,

"But he will.... just memba seh Young Don dem no want nobody... believe me,"

"Yeah..." I took a deep breath as I clicked on the log out button, "Me know."

Biggs was right and I knew it, Dwayne is just messing with my head, and it seems to be working... why would I want him to reach out to me but at the same time I didn't want him to.

"Him a keep a charity ting me hear .. some football match and after party... ya shub?"

"When?" I glazed at him, closing down the laptop.

"Tonight... round a fi him lane,"

"Oh... not my kind a ting," I smiled as I stood from the mini office I organized in the corner of my room,
"I have this ting... with my friends,"

"If lie was a person," he sat at the edge of my bed, "You lie eno gyal.... which friend you have,"

"I have friends!" I threw a pillow at him, but he was right I didn't have and I just didn't want to attend any thing Dwayne is hosting, not now.... not never.

"If you bruck just say that," Biggs burst into laughter.

"I am serious," I rolled my eyes as I pretend to scurry through the drawers for a outfit, "I have a thing with my girlfriends from work,"

"Alright... what ever you say," Biggs stood, "Curfew a 11 a clock, so me gone bath and saggle up,"

"Ok," I smiled, turning to face him,
"Enjoy," I nodded, watching him leave the room. Ofcourse I was lying, today is friday and I have no work tomorrow, a party sounds fun but there are many reasons I didn't want to go,

One, I would have hang around Biggs and his friends all night, and trust me that is not fun.

Two, Keisha lives right at the entrance of lane where the party will be held, so I know for sure she will be there.

Three, If Dwayne wanted me there he would have invited me himself.

Slowly, I pushed the drawer back in, staring at my self in mirror as I do so. I have really changed, I thought. With my nautral hair in a bun, I trace the tip of my fingers along my edges, wrapping one of the two dangling twist that brushed against my forehead. My waxed eyebrows, and deeply cleanse skin... sometimes we are not even ugly just broke. But I couldn't help but wonder how men saw me... I wasn't curious to how I looked behind their eyes... his eyes.