Chapter Forty- Two

Dwayne POV

One month later

"Hear me a say to you bad man, You!" I could feel the anger boiling from the soles of my feet, "You! a bring heat round my dwag them," I watched him from across the table, "You need fi control you superintendent or... me ago put unda manners fi you,"

"Wayne, ya fi member say... me is a constable," he shook his head, "Ofcourse me deh pan your side, but member me a play a role pan the so-called right side a the law, and... me no go under preements from the babylon bwoy dem,"

"Garry," I chuckled calmly, "Weh the fuck you really sit down deh so a tell me say?" i reached for my gun in my waist, "Cause..." i laughed a little, "It look like you fraid a your batty boy police friend them more than me," 
I was now standing, my finger was at the tip of my trigger.

"No Boss," he was scarily slid off the seat, "Annuh that me mean..."

"Oy..." Gunbag shoved his shoulders down with a force, back to sit, "Big man a talk to you,"

Bowy look like him wah piss him pants.

"A me run bout ya," my voice echoed across the building. 

Silence

However, the crickets chirped.

"Me," i put the gun across my chest, "Me a the king a Spain town,"

"Me ago deal with it ... me promised," he stuttered, "Trust me," he added.

Sitting at the edge of the table, I lifted an almost Hennessy bottle, gulping down the remaining liquid, grunting slightly as it burnt my throat. But it was painful as before, the most tragic and painful experience was when Chanize left me, not even when them shoot me never painfully so, and since then... my inner darkness has become dominant over my life. 

I didn't feel

I wasn't merciful

I cared for no one

And I didn't love, and I will never. 

"Look around you Mr cOnsTabLe," i jeered,

"I don't trust even trust the dwag dem round me, and me fi trust you?"

i laughed, 

Deh one ya funny star.

"You see this," i touched the wound in my chest, "Infact make me tell you a story," i smiled a bit, playing around woth the hennesy bottle, 

"When me just forward a Jamaica, me and a little b go a wah hotel zeen..." i chuckled lightly, 

"Me and owner did have some unfinised business from when me used to move weed, but me decide fi mbe merciful and me make that gwaan, and me tell him," I shook my head, turning to see him shaking in his seats, 

"Me tell him say we good, and you know weh him do?"

Silence

"No, Boss," his voice trembled, 

"Him send man come shoot me, in a me own place.... in a me yard," i laughed, stand from the table, 

"And is a man weh me did respect, now him a run up and down... cause him know say me know, and him know say me ago kill him," 

Silence

"Moral a the story is... Me no trust no even the bloodclaat dog pan the road," I smashed the hennessy bottle across his head, blood poured on the shattered glasses on the ground, my hand sting from the cuts in my hand middle,

Long time me no see a Hennesy bottle bruck, I thought.

"Cause you feed the dog today, tomorrow him bark after you," 

He held his head side, blood pooled down on his uniform, 

"Since you need a reminder a which side you deh pan, me ago tell you again..." I spoke much softer, all the loud shouting was making me hoarse.

"The Superintendent need fi to catch up, and know a who really run the place... and as the hundred key a coke weh uno 'find'.... mek sure say by midday tomorrow, me get back a hundred and one key,"

Staring down at my bloody hand, i walked off, "Mek sure you clean up that before you move to," i gave him an order,

"Gunbag," i called, "Outside."

Running my hand under the pipe, i heard walking on the pebbles.

"Me a lock fi the night, Me want you run off the endz... when deh pussy deh done clean up the bruck up glass, ship him off right a the middle a Spain, mek him light a candle and find him way home," I chuckled.

Jah know, me hand fuck up.

"Cool, me wi do that," Gunbag responded, but I didn't hear him walking away.

"Wa gwan?" I asked,