Chapter Eighty Four

Dwayne POV

From me a walk come down the hill, me see the van, and if me never disconnect her car from the app, me would a know that she was here.

I was just as surprised like she is now.

And she might find it hard fi believe, but I had nothing to with it... Because I have found it easier to just avoid her and stay out of her way.

But seeing her... Mi a rethink it all.
Again.

Ms Hortense was playing cupid, and I guess she rather Chanize deh with me... A badman she actually know, one that cares... one that will make sure that her grand baby is safe... than a total stranger.

"—Evening," Chanize stared me dead in my eyes.

"Evening," I shot back.

The little dress just sit down pan her so...

fuck.

Brushing passed me she went to sit with her cousin and another youth weh me neven know... But ano that me come bout tonight.

Me not even know weh me come bout tonight.

"Wayne you wah sit down?" Ms Hortense asked,

I guess it's a good thing to be on her soft side... She no three bad eno... Yeah man, she no so bad.

"No man, mama... Me good," I shook my head, standing my ground behind her.

Biggs kept glaring at me with hateful eyes, and likewise glared back... Touching my gun handle that was tucked neatly in my waist, all when me stand up in a bwoy yard.... Him still no more than me.

Still don't like deh fat boy deh.

Shuffling the dominoes, Chanize didn't meet eye contact with me again, and that made me question the purpose of me being here... I justed wanted to speak with her...

Privately.

"You cah play dominoes again man..." The unknown man strikes up a conversation, pulling his eight pieces,

Chanize chuckled lightly, studying her the white blocks in her hand,

"She just... distracted man," Biggz slapped the table as he played the first hand.

Go suck you mother

"So wah gwan Ms Hortense?" I stood almost next to her,

"Me deh ya eno... A gwan sip me Malta," she brought the tinted bottle to her lips,

"Malta?" I chuckled, still watching the game,
"You wah something stronger man, like a beer or two..."

"Me a keep my temple free of any substance the lord him self would intake,"

"But Jesus did turn water in a wine don't it?" I chuckled

"Bwoy move from over me head with eh foolishness,"

I smile.

I could see Chanize forcing back a laughter as well, she was either eavesdropping or she was delighted that she was going to win the game,

"How Ms P doing? I haven't see her at her in a long time,"

"Eeh?" I knitted my eye brows, I didn't even know my Mom has been skipping church, it wasn't like her... Or a because a Benedict.

"Well I know she is alright, I checked on her this morning..."

"Oh good good, well bless her up fi me, tell her me miss her voice leading the devotions,"