Chapter Forty-One

Chanize POV

Silence filled the room, but the tension between us was thick.

It's been a week since I am out of the hospital.

Dwayne leaned against the door as I packed a suitcase.

"So you just a go give up pan man suh, Chan?" Dwayne's voice was soft, 

As a badman.

"D..." I sighed, "Me just need a break... we just need a break,"

"Break?" he chuckled, but not with amusement. 

I didn't even say anything. 

I continued to pack.

"Wei you even ago stay?" I heard the lighter strike behind me.

"I have found somewhere... rent," I swallowed hard.

"Rent?" he chuckled again.

I shooked my head.

I heard his footsteps grow closer to me.

"Me nah tell stay, but me nah see you leave," his breath felt hot on my neck.

"But..." he continued, "He lay a set of keys on the bed," 

SUV craved on the rubber keychain, so I stopped packing.

I paused.

"Me buy you a early birthday gift... Happy birthday, Chan" he added before walking off,

Lapping the suitcase cover over, I zipped it slowly.

Pulling it off of the bed, I looked back at the car key.

Should I accept his 'birthday gift' I asked myself,

'Well, me deserve it...me put up with Dwayne's fuckery long enough, plus... me a basically him baby mother' My thoughts played around in my head.

Grabbing the key from the bed, I pulled the suitcase behind me, listening to the wheels run across the tiles. Carefully, I dragged the suitcase down each step, searching for Dwayne's with my eyes as I walked, 

Him wouldn't even could and help me with the fucking luggage I thought.

Finally, after a few minutes of struggling with the suitcase, I was now at the bottom of the staircase.

"Dwayne," I called his name his name lowly, hoping I would hear him answer back.
Silence.

I could feel the tears burn at the back of my eyes, but I wouldn't care, I couldn't... I was the one leaving him, yet I can't help but feel some type a way, he said he want me to go but at the same time he didn't ask me to stay.

Pulling the suitcase slowly, I walk to the door, fumbling with the car key in my hands, thinking... alone in my thoughts. 

Opening the door, I looked up in the yard... but the still no side of him.... but the blessings of his presence took over a large area in the yard... my gift, the SUV.

I liked it, but I don't know how I feel having my first car bought by my ex, But I needed something to move me around, Although I can always call Travelrs

Looking at the vehicle, I smiled. Dwayne really knows me, I thought. He knows I want something big, but not too bright but also simple. Pulling the suitcase, I opened the door to the back seat, loading my suitcase on the wrapped leather seats, even the smell of the rubber seem authentic, Dwayne definitely spent some coins on this.

Forcing the door shut, I pulled down my shorts feeling a bit embarrassed, Dwayne's crew member was everywhere around the yard, and I really haven't even noticed them before, none was looking my way right now, but when they do... they do

Opening the driver's seats of the SUV, I slide my ass across the seats, starting up the ignition with excitement,

"This really nice," I mumbled to myself. 

Closing the door softly behind me, I swallowed hard looking around for Dwayne, hoping he would appear out of nowhere... like he always does.

But he was coming... is he?
Well, I now at least I now know he feels about me. 

But I need this, I thought... I need to go out there and find me again.
Taking a deep, I pressed down a little too firm on the gas pedal, causing the vehicle a jump forward, 

And I also need driving lesson, I thought.

Tooting the horn a few times, the men around the yard was a bit hesitant, but they eventually let me leave. 

Turning on the bypass, I parked next to the Salt factory trying to connect my phone to the radio. I was feeling a bit down because for some odd reason this break feels like a breakup.  Even though my grandmother and I aren't really on good terms, she always was wise and she taught me great lessons, one of those lessons being; if you love something... let it go, and if it comes back it's yours but if it doesn't... you know the rest go.

'Twinkle.... All you do a tell bare lies, dem thing mek me dont wah try, This must afi be a sign, wish i could read your mind, me gone streets a weh you hear bout'

The music pumped through the roof of the car, and I singed along while i drove to my new home,

"A never me tell you go dweet how dare you,"

This is definitely one of my favorite Jada kingdom's song, an oldie but it's a goodie.

"Watching the traffic behind in the rear end view mirror, I searched for any suspicious cars, because I know Dwayne and I know he likes drama and I am not about that life, which is one the reasons why we need this break. I need time to figure out if this is what an well-educated girl like me wants,

"A mean... me no ugly, No tree nah grow in me face... mi alright in a shape wise, so wah the bumboclaat problem!" I screamed a little too loud, and the driver in the car next to mine was looking at me as if am crazy. I tried t play it off I a smile but the man already crept out by my outburst.

Winding up my window, I burst into laughter, noting about the situation was funny but I couldn't help but think out loud,

"Look! me shame... shame a kill me,"

After a few more minutes into driving, I pulled up into Eltham Visa, to my new home.

"Oh wow... after you never did drive the couple of times you drop by," Ms. Fay's face lit up with excitement when she saw me pull up into the yard.

"Hope, I didn't keep you waiting long," I ignored her remarks, she is going to be my landlord.

"Not at all," she slipped the house keys into my hand.

"I beg yuh just take of her for me," She smiled looking back at the house. A lovely 3 bedroom with two bathrooms, a hall and a kitchen and most important... a backyard.

"As for rent, you can just wire it to my account, me might old but popping up at people's homes for money just seems ghetto to me,"

I said nothing.

We both just stared at the house

"Cause I don't know bout you, I rather me no see wah my tenants a do... and I don't want them to see me either,"

"It's perfect," I mumbled, "And..." I turned to her, "I will take good care of it... I swear,"

"Good, well..." she tucked her hands behind her, "I have to come to go cook my husband dinner ya now, so... when we buck up if we buck up..." she nodded with a smile, leaving the premises.

Pulling the suitcase from the back seat, I hauled it on the verandah, trying the keys to open the front door,

"Is a good thing the grill did already open," I hissed. 

Finally, the door opened, and the scent of vanilla hit me, I inhaled deeply before shoving the suitcase in.

Looking at the car, i sighed,

"Mek me ensure say it lock up pro[erly, cause me nah come back out today,"

Walking back towards the car, I realized that I didn't even check the truck for a spear tire, tools, or a dead body.

Opening the trunk, I notice a grey bag in the back, it was old and filled with stains, I could tell if it was from rust or something else.

Looking over my shoulders a few times I grabbed the handle, and it was fucking heavy.

What the fuck, I thought as I walked back inside.

Setting back gently on the floor, I sat in the conch, unzipping slowly, 

I fear no evil, I thought.

After recollecting my lost bravery, I spread the bag open.

My eyes widen

It was money,

All being USD's

Stacks of it.

My eyes widenIt was money, All being USD'sStacks of it