Chapter Thirty Five

Chanize POV

By the night fi done ya go hear how me disrespect my grandmother, soon enough my cousin them a foreign soon start call done my phone,

Looking at my phone screen i sighed, a how them no start call me yet... knowing my grandmother she ago call them and cast judgement on me.

"Chan..." Dwayne spoke as the car cruised up the hill, approaching Ms Mavis shop, 

"B... sorry zeen, me never... me never mean fi cuss badword after her but... she too fucking provoking man"

i said nothing. 

Leaning my head against the tinted window, i let out a soft sigh...

Never did i thought that one day i would have to choose between the family that i grew up in and the one i created, Well... in reality i don't think my grandmother cared that i was pregnant... the problem is who i got pregnant for. 

Pulling up to Dwayne's place I could see from a distance a woman back faced the car and a man was standing up infront of her, and it seems as if they were arguing...

A wah the fuck this now?

The closer we got, they clearer the faces and body type became familiar, and my blood was slowly boiling,

"A wah the bumboclaat this..." Dwayne gave out, jumping out of the driver's seat,

Shortly after wards i followed.

Keisha and Gunbag was infront of the main gates arguing.

"Babes..." Dwayne turned to me as i approached them, "Put the car in the yard,"

"No," I stared hard at Keisha, "Do that you self ... and why she deh yasso?"

Gunbag shook his head.

"B... just easy no man, do wei me say,"

"Better listen to him... this bigger than you," Keisha rubbed her bump,

"Weh you just say to me bitch?" i marched towards her, 

Dwayne's cold finger tips around my neck from behind sent chills in my spine, 

"Yo..." he pulled me back aggressively, "Go in a the house..."

"So you and you little girlfriend can have a grand time?"

"Chan, ano nothing weh you think... you been a misunderstand from day one, as me say ano me breed Keisha,"

"So a who..." my eyes shifted to Gunbag, 

What?

"Vinroy?"

"Shh," Dwayne look over his shoulders, "Who tell you the man right name?"

"A fi him?"

"We will talk babes... just kept it on the low... please,"

And by that i know he mean not to tell Ashley 

But i had to... she is my friend, but Dwayne is my baby father.

"Ok," I spoke softly, walking to the driver's side of the car.

Fuck... this nah go end well.

Sitting at the kitchen counter, i sucked the ice cream off the spoon slowly,

my whole life is a mess, i thought...

I still can't believe that my grandmother... the woman who raised me did me so... dirty. And i can bet she called my cousins and played a victim and that bwoy Biggs... 

"Wa deh pan you mind me babymother?" 

I looked up and saw his nakedness.

This is the same reason I got pregnant in the first place.

"Uhmm... " i pressed my lip tighter against the cold spoon, "Nothing... just thinking," 

"About?" he took the spoon from me, scooping up a mouthful of the sweet delight, shoving it towards my face,

"Dwayne..." i stared down on it, "That look like it can fit in me mouth?"

Dwayne said nothing, he only raised his eyebrow and nudged it closer to my lips,"

Opening my mouth wide i took the whole spoon in...

Of course it can, the voice in the back of my head spoke.

My phone rang.

Quickly, i swallowed and immediately regret it

Brain freeze.

"Hello?" i winced in pain, trying to hide under happy voice,

"Hi... is this Chanize?"

"This is her..." I looked at Dwayne who was obviously trying to hear my conversation,

"This Brandon, calling from Ibex Global, and would like to thank you for your interest in our company, however in order for you to move forward we are inviting you to our Gtech branch to conduct a versant test,"

"Ok," i swallowed, Dwayne hated this, i could see it in his eyebrows, I don't know if he was upset because  of the job offer or was it because recruiter is a man?

"Umm... when am I expected to be there?"

"Does tomorrow work for you? Around 10AM?" 

"Yeah... sure, Uhmm thank you," i mumbled before ending the call,

"You not going," Dwayne spoke, its as if he couldn't wait until i was off the phone to get that off his chest,

"We already spoke about it," i slipped of the stool, which felt much more harder than it should, i felt so tired and weak...

"Yes and me ago talk bout it again cause' you not going..."

"And why the fuck is that Dwayne?" i spun around, i have had a long day and i am tired of people speaking for me as if I am some child that doesn't have a mind of her own,

Cause... the big bad Dwayne said so?" i mocked, and he just sat there looking at me,

"I lost my fucking family because of you!" i yelled, "They wont talk to me because of a choice i fucking made, so why the fuck you think i will now allow you to make choices for me... i am going whether you like it or not... so throw me out too"

He sat there saying nothing.... just starting at me.

i didn't mean that... i really didn't because i didn't have anywhere else to go... and he knew that.

Reaching into pocket, i swallowed hard as i watch his hand searched for something, not talking his eyes off me.

Pulling from his pocket, is a pre-rolled joint... i could smell the weed oil from here.

With a few clicks, the torch blazed against the brown rolling paper.

Still Silence.

Walking passed me, he barely brushed my shoulders and i knew we were not on talking terms again,

Fuck.

Alone with my thought in another room, i stared at the ceiling fan.

How can one man make my life a living hell at one minute... then prefect at a next?

I am a good girl, i know it... and i deserve a man that trusts me , cares for me, loves me... and something tells me Dwayne is all of those things but at the same time... he isn't.

Did I make a mistake? i thought...
I know these thought aren't right... but now i am starting to second guess everything, including keeping this baby...

With a long yawn, i turned on my side... facing the night light, a bit terrified, each time the humidifier sprayed,

and that made me realised that i haven't seen Ashley since i got back.

Reaching for my phone on the night stand, I sent a quick text on Whatsapp. 

Two ticks

Well that is a good sign.

But she isn't online.

She probably down a Gun-bag yard... i thought.

Slowly i blinked a few times... before falling asleep.