Chapter Eighty Five

Chanize POV

Wiping the tears from my swollen eye bags, I stared at the wound wraps that pressed against her neck and upper arms, holding  on to Ashley's hand as I wept, the low beeps from the heart rate monitor was low yet loud, no one dared to speak.

She was in a coma.

Like sardines in a tin, we packed up the in the small private room at the Spanish Town Hospital.

"Bag..." Dwayne mumbled softly, his voice was hoarse but calm, unlike Gunbag who was out of touch with reality,

"You see the shooter?"

"Black low back Honda," Gunbag spoke.

Bringing Ash's hands to my cheek, I clasped it tightly, praying for her to wake up.

I glanced over them both.

His description fitted the description of the car that was following me earlier lastnight, it was now 3:AM the next day,

"License plate?"

"Don't remember seeing one,"

I breathed a sigh of relief, at least I didn't have to blame my self for this.

Gunbag was fine, he got a slight glaze on his left upper arm which was now in a arm sling, and another glaze on his side. The bandage was visible through his marina.

"Me ago kill them... Me ago kill them bloodclaat

"Kill who Gunbag?" Dwayne was furious, annoyed even. But he didn't understand how Gunbag felt but i surely did.
"Anybody bloodclaat body weh...."
"Bill man..." Dwayne shushed him, pulling him into a brotherly hug, "Nah let you down dwag... blood brothers for life,"

I listened to Gunbag's low sniffled, poor youth.

I said nothing.
I have nothing to say my mind was running wild with wicked thoughts and i agreed with Gunbag, But at the same time i understand what Dwayne meant, they have to be certain who pulled the trigger and who made the hit.

But who? i thought...

Who could it be? and was I next?

"Good morning gentle men...." a female doctor entered the room,

Dwayne released Gunbag and they both stood next to each other.
i recognized her from early, i thought she was one of many calming me down while i panicked, Now i was a but embarrassed of my behavior and the unnecessary series of bumboclaats i threatened, "And Lady...." she nodded at me with a faint smile.

She took a deep breath before she spoke.

"So Ashley is in a coma and we cant tell..." she paused, "WE cant tell when she will wake up for sure or... if she will wake up,"

The silence was loud.

"We will continue to keep her on life support as long we can... but having her on life support for a period of time can result in excessive brain damage... and-- i am afraid that a time will come when you guys will have to make the big decision of pulling the plug,"

"Which plug?" Gunbag got brindled, "Is a weed plug ya talk bout?" he chuckled a bit, a laugh with no smile.

"Dwayne touched his shoulder, "Doc...' he stared down at the floor , "With all due respect, if nothing happen to her in a her care... everybody patient plug a pull," his voice stood ground.

"Uhm...' she nervously cleared her throat, "I was just suggesting..."

'No suggest nothing man... go find some work do man," Gunbag cut her off.