Chapter 1

KYRA's POV
I'm Kyra, I am 13 years old, and I have been living in foster homes since I was 8. I was 8 years old when my parents died in an accident. Now I live in an orphanage because none of my extended family wanted me and all of the people who have fostered me have taken me back to the orphanage that they got me from. The only thing that has kept me going is Pentatonix. I saved up all of my money to buy a used iPhone and a $25 giftcard for iTunes so I could buy all of Pentatonix's songs and Kevin Olusola's EP album. I have lots of allergies, but no one at the orphanage cares. Therefore, I don't get to eat much and everyone at school teases me and I don't have any friends. I have always wanted to meet PTX and I think of them as my friends, even though I have never even seen them in person. I sing and play cello, piano, and guitar even though I don't have any of those instruments. Today I was laying on my bed listening to Pentatonix in my pajamas (it is a Saturday) when the owner of the orphanage came upstairs and told us that someone was coming who was wanting to meet some 13-17 year old girls to see if he wanted to adopt any of us, so all of the girls in that age range had to get ready and look nice. No one ever wants to adopt me because of how obsessed with music I was, so I put on a beanie, a gray crop top that said "PTX" on it, and a pair of bright green shorts. I don't always like it being hot all of he time, but that's California. I trudged down the stairs and saw who was coming to adopt. And that's when I saw him. Kevin Olusola.