Chapter 8

KIRSTIE's POV
I walked out of Kyra's room to ask Kevin if I could take her shopping, but just outside of her door Kevin was sitting there head in his hands.
"Kev," I said, "What's wrong?"
"I shouldn't have assumed that about her. I'm such a bad parent. She won't want to live with me if I assume things about her," he sobbed.
"Kev, she loves you so much. She was talking about it in her room. She is just very emotional right now. Trust me, she will get through this, but only with her dad."
"That's it!" Kevin said, "That's why Kyra ran upstairs yesterday during dinner. She had to get her Epi-Pen. I made her eat her food and she had an allergic reaction to the food, so she had to get her Epi-Pen. I should have talked to her sooner. My daughter almost died last night and it's all my fault." Kevin was sobbing uncontrollably. It took me a while to calm him down.
Once he was finally calmed down I said, "Kyra wants me to take her shopping for clothes and other stuff. Is it okay if I take her?"
"Of course!" Kevin said, "You'll know better than me."
"Great!" I said and went into Kyra's room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
KYRA's POV
I had just gotten dressed when Kirstie walked into my room. Her shirt had tears all over it.
"Was Dad crying?" I ask.
"Yeah..." she said.
"I should have told you guys," I said, regretfully, "I am causing you guys so much pain. I bet you guys wish that I didn't even exist." As I said that Kevin burst into the room and hugged me.
"I love you, Kyra and I will always love you. No Matter What."
"I love you too, Dad," I said, not embarrassed at all.
After a while, just hugging K.O. , Kirstie and I left for the mall. We went to Aero, Hollister, American Eagle, Abercrombie, PacSun, and so many more stores that we literally shopped till we dropped. After we went to the mall, we went to Target and got some makeup, soap, and foods that Mitch had suggested. By the time we were done, we had been shopping for 4 hours!
"Thanks, Kirstie," I said.
"No problemõ," she said causing me to giggle. I was super tired from everything that had happened today, so I fell asleep in Kirstie's car.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
KEVIN's POV
The girls had been gone forever. I was about to call Kirstie, when I got a text.
It was a picture of Kyra, sleeping in the front seat of Kirstie's car with the caption: She is an angel!😇
I showed the picture to Avi, Scott, and Mitch.
"Oh. My. Gosh." Scott said, "She is literally adorable!"
Avi was smiling along with Mitch. "Kevin," Avi said, "You are seriously so lucky."
"I know," I said as I looked at the picture. Her blonde hair was in front of her face. Her pale skin shadowed by the sky.
About ten minutes later, Kirstie texted me that she was in the driveway and couldn't get Kyra inside. I went out to the car and scooped her up. As I walked inside Mitch took a picture of me holding her. I rolled my eyes an lied her down in bed. I gave her a kiss and walked down to the kitchen. Mitch was laying his head on the counter. Scott and Avi were hacking Mitch's Instagram. And Kirstie was filming a PTXVlog.
After she was done filming she asked, "Jeremy is out of town on a business trip, can I stay the night?"
"Sure," I said, "I'll go grab you some blankets for the couch."
"Can we stay too?" Scott asked, "I have a feeling that Mitch isn't going to wake up."
"Yeah, you can have the guest room," Avi said, "I'll blow up the air mattress for Mitch."
I suddenly realized how tired I was, "I'm exhausted. I'm going to bed."
"Goodnight!" Kirstie said.
I lied down in bed after my shower and thought about the day. I knew that I needed to learn how to be a better father.