Chapter 34

KYRA's POV
"Dad?" I asked, very confused, "What happened?"
"Kyra! Ohmygosh! You're okay!" He screamed in excitement as he ran over to me. There was a chorus of "Kyyyyyyrrrrraaaa,"s and, "Are you okay?"s in the background from all of the other band members.
Dad hugged me as tightly as he could. I hugged him back with all of my strength, which wasn't much because I'd apparently just woken up from a coma and my ribs were still healing.
"Are you okay?" Dad asked, kneeling down beside my bed.
"Yeah," I said, "I'm just really confused."
Dad sighed and glanced over at the other band members then turned back to me.
"Well, yesterday you were in the gas station and you got mobbed by a bunch of fans, so I had to rescue you," he said, "Do you remember that?" I just nodded.
"Okay, so after that, Mitch called and asked if we wanted to go to Starbucks and we said yes," he said, "Remember that?" I nodded again in response.
"Then we went to Starbucks, but Avi and I announced that we were going on a trip for the night because we had some business, so you stayed with Kirstie, Scott, and Mitch at Starbucks. After about an hour, you had an allergic reaction and fell into a coma, but now you're here because you woke up!" He finished.
Everything came back to me, the gas station, the trip to Starbucks, Dad and Avi going to the airport, and the most scarring thing, the allergic reaction.
Just then the door bursts open and Noah walked in.
"Kyra!" He half screamed half sighed, "You're all right!"
"Yeah," I said, exhaustedly, to tired to expand on that thought.
Noah just ran over to me, gave me a hug then gave me a kiss on the cheek.
"What happened?" He asked.
My family explained the whole situation to him while I just watched his facial expressions. I hadn't seen him in person for awhile.
"Kyra," he said turning to me, "I'm so glad that you are okay! Mitch texted me from your phone just saying that you were in the ER, so I kind of freaked out!"
"Same," my dad said, trying to be cool by holding the e for a while, but instead making all of us laugh like nothing was wrong.
"Kyra Olusola?" A young woman said walking into the room.
"Yes," I responded, really confused because I had no clue who she was.
"Hi," she said, "I'm Dr. Moody, but you can call me Katherine."
"Hi, Katherine," I said, weakly.
"Can I have just biological family in here please?" Dr. Moo--- I mean Katherine asked.
We all glanced around at each other awkwardly until Noah broke the silence.
"Well, my mom is waiting outside. I've got to go! Bye!"
"Bye," I said.
"So," Dr. Katherine said, "Biological family?"
"The thing is," Mitch said, "She's adopted and we are all kind of like her biological family."
"Umm," Katherine said, "I just don't want to break the hospital rules because I'm a medical student, but as long as you don't tell anyone, I guess it's okay."
"Thank you so much!" I said.
"No problem!" She said spunkily, her curly brown hair bounced as she turned towards me, "Okay, so we are going to keep you here for about two more hours and then we will probably let you go."
"Then why did you just want biological family in here?" I asked.
"Well, we need to run some more allergy tests to make sure that you don't have any other allergies that we didn't know about, but we need to check with the families before doing that."
"That's fine!" Dad said.
Dr. Katherine put me in a wheel chair and pushed me across the hall.
"So we are just going to expose you to tiny, little bits of some things that we think you might me allergic to and see if you have a reaction," she said, "Does that make sense?"
"Yeah," I said, kind of dizzy from getting out of bed.
She took me into a room where they did the testing. I had no new allergies, so I was happy.
Dr. Katherine made small talk with me as she wheeled me back to my hospital room. She was a very kind and genuine person. My room had been moved from the first floor to the fifth floor while I was being tested, so that gave us a while to talk.
"Your family looks really familiar," Dr. Katherine said, "Do I know you guys from somewhere?"
"Have you heard of Pentatonix?" I asked.
"Yeah," she said, "I love them!"
"Well that's my family!" I said.
"That makes so much sense now!" Dr. Katherine responded.
We talked for a while longer and I found out that she was from Colorado.
Before we knew it, we were back in my room. Dr. Katherine told everyone about my test results, which was nothing but good.
"And," she said, "Kyra will be able to go home today a long as she rests at home."
"That's great!" Dad said.
"Yes!" Dr. Katherine said, "So if you could just come with me and fill out the discharge information, and Kyra can get ready to go!"
Dad followed Katherine out of the room as Scott picked me up, bridal style and carried me to the bathroom where Kirstie helped me change into some clothes that Mitch had picked up from my house.
I had just finished changing when Dad finished filling out the discharge information.
We went out to Kirstie's car and she drove Dad and I home while Scot and Mitch drove Avi home.
Dad and Scott helped me up the steps by linking arms with me on both sides while Avi stood behind me making sure that I didn't fall.
We opened the door and walked in to find someone that I hadn't seen in a while.
"SUPRISE!" Amber yelled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: THANKS FOR 3k!!!!!!!! I'm so happy!!!!!! Agsjhurbeksh!!!!! I'd like to give a shoutout to kam3026 because she just started writing a PTX fanfic and she gave me a shoutout in it! She and I have been best friends since Kindergarten, so go check her out (and follow her☺️) I'm trying to update everyday/ every other day, but school starts in a week (😫😖😭😲😑) so that may be kind of hard to keep up with!
Thanks again for 3k! I love you all!
-Madalyn