Chapter 33

KEVIN's POV
My flight landed and I walked to baggage claim with Avi, sobbing the entire way.
"D-do you think she's gonna be all right?" I asked Avi.
"Kev," Avi said, "Kyra's a fighter. She's going to be all right."
I stayed silent.
After waiting for what seemed like forever, we finally got our bags and took a cab to the hospital.
We got to the hospital and I all but ran to the front desk, scaring the secretary.
"Kyra Olusola?" I asked, frantically.
"Just one second," the secretary said, typing on her computer, "She is in room 24601." (Les Misérables anyone?)
"Okay," I said, "Thank you."
Avi and I ran to room 24601, frantically. I opened the door to see Kyra just lying there, lifeless.
I immediately ran to her side, hugged her, and cried. I think everyone else was trying to talk to me, but I couldn't hear any of them.
Finally, after what felt like hours, Avi and Scott pulled me off of the side of the bed and sat me in a chair.
I looked at the clock. It said 11:45 pm. It was crazy to think that earlier today, Avi and I were rescuing Kyra from a gas station bathroom.
"Kev," Scott said, "Go to sleep."
I mumbled something along the lines of, "Okay," and fell asleep out of exhaustion.
I had just fallen into a deep sleep when I heard the rapid beeping of a heart machine and doctors and nurses rushing into the room.
KYRA's POV
I was sleeping peacefully when all of the sudden I saw a very, very bright light. Blinding. Then I saw a man who I had never seen before, but knew instantly who it was. Jesus.
"Child," He said, "You are loved by many. Now go and glorify Me with your life."
And with that, his light was gone and I started to hear doctors and my family scrambling around.
KEVIN's POV
As soon as the heart monitor was back to normal, we all sighed a sigh of relief. The doctors left the room and it was just me and the rest of the band.
We were just sitting there in silence until Kirstie started singing, "Say something I'm giving up on you."
Then Mitch started singing his part.
"I'll be the one, if you want me to," Kirstie continued.
Then Scott started singing his part.
"Anywhere I would have followed you," Kirstie kept singing, trying to hold back tears.
Avi added the bass part.
"Say something I'm giving up on you."
And I finally added the beatbox part.
"And I am feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all
And I will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl
Say something I'm giving up on you
I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you oh
Anywhere I would have followed you
Say something I'm giving up on you
And I, will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye
Say something, I'm giving up on you
Say something
Say something
Say something
I'll be the one if you want me too
Say something
Say something
Say something I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one if you want me too
Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one if you want me too
Say, say something I'm giving up on you (I'm giving up on you)
Oh whoa
I'll be the one if you want me too
Oh ah
Say something I'm giving up on you
Say something I'm giving up oh whoa
I'll be the one if you want me too
If you want me too ah, if you want me too
Anywhere I would have followed you oh whoa
Say something
Say something
Say something
Say something
Say something
Say something," they sang.
"Say something I'm giving up on you," I finished the song, tears streaming down my face. I looked over at Kyra and she was awake!
"Dad?" She asked, "What happened?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N Hey Guys! This is my firs Author's note, so.... HI! First of all, Thank you so much for reading my book! When I first started writing it I thought that I would have like 100 reads at most, but here I am with all (almost 3k!!!!) of you beautiful people! I'm sorry about the random updates and I'm trying to get better, but I'm working on lots of other books right now and trying to come up with new ideas for chapters in this! Sorry if I made you cry while reading this (admit it, you know you did!)
I want to thank GajaSlevec for helping me with ideas for these past few chapters! I am sorry for waiting so long to update this... I started crying every time I tried to write it and people look at you weirdly when you are crying and typing on your phone at Starbucks...
Thank you all for sticking with me through this crazy and emotional journey! I love you guys!
<3 Madalyn