Chapter 22

KEVIN's POV
Kyra didn't seem right. I knew that she had a headache a couple of hours ago, but now she claims that it is gone. "Ky," I said, sitting down next to her, "Are you okay?"
"My rib hurts really bad," she said, obviously not telling the whole truth.
"But there is something else," I said, "Right?"
"It's just..." she said.
"It's just what?" I asked.
"This is where I lived before my parents died and it is a very emotional place for me and it brings back memories of them and everything that happened," she said, almost too fast for me to understand.
"We can go somewhere else," I said, not wanting to bring back any bad memories.
"No," she said strongly, "This place brings back bad memories, but it also brings back a lot of good memories of when my parents were alive."
"Okay," I said, "Well you know the town really well. What should we do?"
"Well," she said, "I didn't have any breakfast this morning and there is this really good crepe place a couple blocks over."
"What's it called?" I asked.
"Tokyo Crepes©!" She said very excitedly.
"That sounds good!" I said, "Why don't you text the rest of the band and have them meet us in the lobby? I'm going to go to the bathroom."
"Okay!" She said, "You are going to LOVE it!"
I went to the bathroom. As I washed my hands I thought about how lucky I was to have Kyra. She has changed my life in the best way possible. I walked out of the bathroom to find Kyra in a crop top and a skater skirt, something unusual for her because of how skinny she was.
"You look pretty," I said ,spinning her around by her finger.
"Thank you!" She said, curtsying, "Everyone's waiting for us in the lobby."
"Well," I said, "I wouldn't want to keep the queen waiting!" Kyra giggled as she grabbed her phone and started to walk out.
We rode the elevator down to the lobby where Avi, Scott, Kirstie, and Mitch waiting for us.
"Took you long enough," Scott said, handing Kyra a pair of sunglasses, "Put these on so people don't recognize you."
"Where are we going?" Avi asked.
"Just follow me!" Kyra said, leading everyone out the door.
Mitch started to hail a taxi "TAXI!!!!" He yelled, "Why aren't you guys helping me?"
"We are walking," Kyra said, smirking.
"The Queen does not walk," Mitch said, crossing his arms and making a pouty face.
"What if I told you it was a Starbucks where Sphinx cats are the baristas?" Kyra asked, trying to get him to come.
"Well," Mitch said, "That sounds to good to be true, but I'll come anyways."
"Great!" Kyra said, "Let's go!" We walked a couple blocks (Mitch complained the whole way.) We finally got to this small restaurant that was in between an apartment complex and a run down hair salon.
"This is it?" Scott asked.
"Yep!" Kyra said, "Come on!" She walked in the door excitedly. Then she saw something and gasped.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
KYRA's POV
I walked in the door and saw her. Amber. My best friend when I lived here. I never thought I would see her again. I knew she would remember me. I ran up behind her and covered her eyes. "Guess who!" I squealed, trying to contain my excitement.
"I would know that voice anywhere!" She squealed, "KYRA!!!" She turned and gave me a hug.
I hugged her back. "I missed you so much," I said, crying tears of happiness.
"I can't believe it," she cried, "How are you? How are your allergies? Did you get adopted? Where are you living? Have you been doing okay without your real parents?"
"I'm fantastic," I said, "I have been adopted! Do you know the band Pentatonix?"
"Yeah! I love them!" She said, "Why?"
"Amber," I said, "I would like to introduce you to my dad and the rest of my family! This is my dad, Kevin. And this is Scott, Mitch, Kirstie, and Avi."
"Wait," she said, "You were adopted by Penataonix?"
"Yeah," I said.
"Hi!" She said, "It's very nice to meet you! I am Amber. Kyra and I were best friends before she had to go to California. She lived with my family after her parents died until she was moved to California."
"Hi," Dad said, "It's very nice to meet you!"
"Hey!" Scott said.
"Sup," Avi said.
"Hi, Amber!" Kirstie said.
"Nice to meet you Amber! I love your outfit!" Mitch said.
"Thanks," Amber said, blushing.
"You don't need to be nervous around them," I said, "They're just my family!"
"Okay," Amber said. Just then she got a text. "Oh sorry, my mom texted me."
"Oh my gosh!" I said, "How is she? I miss her."
"She's good! I told her that you got adopted and she was wondering if you and your family wanted to stay at our house instead of staying at a hotel?" She asked.
"Is she sure?" I asked, "We have a lot of people."
"It's fine!" She said, "We have 5 spares and you can share with me!"
"Is that okay, Dad?" I asked.
"Sure!" He said, "Tell your mom that we said thank you!" He said to Amber.
"What should I get?" I asked, looking at the menu.
"The Banana Nutella one is my favorite!" Amber said.
I looked at the menu:
$5.25
Banana Tella
Banana & Nutella
vegetarian, gluten-free