Chapter 42

(AHHHHH! It's getting so close to the end!!!! (T.T))
(KYRA's POV)
I can't believe that Dad and Esther are getting married! I'm so excited that I will actually have a mom now!
Kirstie, Esther, and I went shopping for dresses the other day! After hours and hours and hours and hours, we finally found the right dresses!
(Dresses below)

T))(KYRA's POV)I can't believe that Dad and Esther are getting married! I'm so excited that I will actually have a mom now!Kirstie, Esther, and I went shopping for dresses the other day! After hours and hours and hours and hours, we finally found ...

(Bridesmaid dresses)

(Esther's dress)The wedding is in a week and I am so excited to be one of the maids of honor! Avi is going to be the best man!"So," Avi says, walking into my room, "You're a girl

(Esther's dress)
The wedding is in a week and I am so excited to be one of the maids of honor!
Avi is going to be the best man!
"So," Avi says, walking into my room, "You're a girl. Help me out."
"Um... Okay," I said, skeptically, "With what?"
"Well.... There's this girl that I kinda of sort of like and I want to ask her to be my date to the wedding, but I don't know if she likes me back and we aren't dating and I don't want to ruin Kev and Esther's big day if something goes wrong and I don't want my relationship to overshadow their big day and I really just want her to be my girlfriend!"
"Ah," I said, "Avi likes a girl. What's her name?"
"Karina," he said softly, like he was trying to protect it.
"That's pretty," I said, mimicking his tone, causing him to throw a pillow at me.
We started to throw the numerous pillows in my room around until Avi hit me in the rib.
"Ow!" I quietly shrieked.
"Oh my gosh, Kyra," Avi said, now concerned, "I am so sorry!"
"It's okay!" I said, trying to smile through it like it was nothing, "Let's get ready... Dad is making us help with wedding planning!"
"Ugh! You're right! Go do your hair... And maybe wear a skirt or something... You need to look nice!"
"Ugh," I said, hoping that I could go in comfy clothes,"I'll be done in 20 minutes!"
I went to my attached bathroom, not knowing what to do with my hair and makeup. My hair was really thin due to the foods I can't eat.
I put my contacts in and started on my makeup.
Once I finished my makeup, I started to do my hair. I tried to find a style that would make it look as thick as possible.
Then an idea popped into my head, "What if I dyed my hair?" (A/N sorry! My italics doesn't work!)
I threw my hair into a fishtail braid and went into my room to find something cute to wear.
I decided on a mint green romper.
"Ready to go, Ky?" Dad yelled, "We have to pick up Esther!"
"Coming!" I yelled back, putting on a white belt with a bow and walking downstairs.
We all got in the car and went to the wedding planners.
After 4 hours of planning, we got everything done. It is going to be a vintage-nature wedding.
By the time we got done, it was noon.
"Can we go get lunch?" I asked Dad.
"Sure!" Dad said, "Where do you want to go?"
"Olive Garden?" I asked, "They have gluten free pasta and breadsticks."
"Sounds good!" Everyone said at the same time, causing them to laugh.
Once we got to Olive Garden and ordered, I decided to ask about dying my hair.
"So," I said casually when there was a break in the conversation, "I am kind of annoyed with how thin my hair is and I want to dye it." I waited for him to dismiss the idea.
"What color?" Dad asked.
"Um," I said, not planning to get this far into the conversation, "I want to do a purple-silver color."
"Sounds great!" Dad said, "Do you want Kirst and Esther to take you today?"
"Yeah!" I said, "I'll text Kirstie right now."
~~~~~~~~~~
After eating our meals and an embarrassing number of breadsticks, we met Kirstie at the hair salon.
"So what are we doing?" She asked, based on the fact that we told her nothing more than to come here.
"I'm dying my hair," I said, kind of shyly.
"Ooh! Yes, girl! What color?"
"A purple gray," I said, "I'm just tired of it being really thin and stringy looking."
"Well, what are we waiting for?" Esther asked.
We had dropped off Dad and Avi at home.
"Hi!" Kirstie said walking up to the counter.
"Do you have an appointment?" The lady at the front desk said in a thick Russian accent, not looking up from the computer.
"Um, no," Kirstie said, "But tell Raquel that it's Kirstie."
"Oh, Kirstie, my dear," the lady said getting up from behind the counter and giving her a hug, "I'll get Raquel up here right now."
"Hello beautiful ladies," a man (I assumed to be Raquel) said, giving us all kisses on the cheek and leading us back to his area of the salon, "Who might this young and beautiful lady be?"
"This is Kyra, Kevin's daughter. And you remember Esther, right? She and Kevin are getting married next week!"
"Oh yes, do you have a hair and makeup team for that? I have a wonderful group of stylists who would love to do it for free!"
"That sounds great!" Esther said.
"And Kyra," Raquel said, "What can I do for you today?"
"I actually want to dye my hair," I said.
"Okay," Raquel said, "What color?"
"I was thinking a purple-gray color," I said, pulling up a picture on my phone.
"Ooh!" Raquel said, "That would go perfectly with your skin tone! Let's get started!"
It took about an hour and a half! Raquel is very quick!
He didn't let me look at anything until he was completely done.
"Are you ready?" He asked, after blow drying and curling it.
"Yes! Yes! Yes!" I said, excitedly. Just then he spun the chair around like on one of those makeover shows.
"I-I-I LOVE IT! THANK YOU!" I yelled I the middle of the salon, getting up and giving him a hug.

(Kyra's hair color)
"Ky! You look great!" Esther and Kirstie said, simultaneously.
We walked up to the counter to pay.
"Oh! No charge for my new favorite client!" Raquel said.
"Wow," Kirstie said, dramatically, "I feel so rejected!"
We all laughed and headed home.
Esther and Kirstie dropped me off because they had to do some more planning.
When I walked in the house there was no one in sight.
I was kind of freaked out, but I went to the kitchen to make myself a snack.
"Woah!" I heard Avi yell groggily, "Who are you?"
"Avi!" I said turning around, "It's me! Kyra!"
"Oh! Kyra!" Avi said, "I love the hair."
"Thanks," I said, dramatically flipping it over my shoulder.
"Aviiiiiiii," Dad yelled as he walked down the stairs, "We should probably text Kyra and see when she'll be don-- Ky! Hey! I love your hair!" He gave me a hug.
"Thanks!" I said, excitedly.
"How about we make some popcorn and have a pajama movie night?" Dad asked.
"Already popping the popcorn!" I said.
"Always one step ahead of me," he responded, "Go change into pajamas and we'll get the movie set up!"
"Sounds good!" I said, running upstairs.
I changed into a pair of Mitch's old sweat pants that almost fit my waist when I rolled them a few times and a NYU sweatshirt.
"What are we watching?" I asked, hopping onto the couch next to Dad.
"What about we watch Star Wars?" Avi asked.
"Which one?" Dad asked.
"6th one!" I yelled out.
"6th it is then," Dad said, putting the DVD into the player.
And that was the rest of our night. We cuddled on the couch and watched movies like one of my first nights here.
I felt so content and safe and I never wanted this moment to end.
~~~~~~~~~
A/N
Hey y'all! Change of plans! I will be writing Chapter 43 and an epilogue and uploading them on March 18 (the 1 year anniversary of the start of this book)
I am SO SAD to stop writing this book and maybe I will write more in it someday, but as for now expect one more chapter and an epilogue!
Les Amos!
-Madalyn