Chapter 38

KEVIN's POV
I sat on the couch, not crying, not watching TV, just sitting there staring at the wall. I was depressed. Avi had tried to talk to me, but eventually gave up when he realized that I wouldn't respond.
Kyra had been missing for 3 days. Her first 3 days of being 14 had been spent in captivity.
All of her friends had gone home because there was nothing that they could do.
I was in the robe that Scott had got me when we were doing a secret Santa thing in Canada.
"Kevin," Avi yelled from upstairs, "You have a text."
"I don't care," I yelled back.
"No, Kev!" Avi said, "You should really read this."
"I said that I don't care!" I yelled back in a rude tone.
"Kev," Avi said, he had walked downstairs with my phone by now, "It's from Kyra."
"What?" I asked, jumping up from the couch.
"It's from Kyra," he said, "She texted you her location."
"Let's go!" I said, starting to walk towards the front door.
"Kev," Avi said, "Maybe you should put on some shoes and... Um... Clothes?"
I looked down and remembered that I was just wearing a robe. I quickly ran upstairs and grabbed a tank top, shorts, and a SnapBack.
Avi called everyone and we drove to the house together.
KYRA's POV
I was quickly running out of the house when I saw a gun on the floor by the door. I grabbed it and scurried out the door.
I looked up and down the street, but I didn't recognize anything, so I crouched behind one of the bushes on the side of the house and texted Dad.
Me: Help! He's going to find me!
I sent it and almost immediately I got a text back.
Dad: Ky, it's Esther! Your Dad is driving to the house right now! We are all in the car coming to find you!
Me: Okay. I'm outside, hiding.
Dad/ Esther: We will be there soon. Stay calm.
I was about to respond, but my phone died. I just sat there and prayed that they would find me soon.
KEVIN's POV
We were almost to the house that Kyra texted us that she was in. This neighborhood didn't look like the kind of place where you'd want to raise a family.
We pulled into the driveway and we jumped out of the car as fast as we could. My first instinct was to yell her name, but I knew that her kidnapper might hear. We walked around outside looking for her. I saw her hiding behind a bush and quickly ran over to her.
"Stop!" She yelled, "I have a gun." She sounded scared for her life.
"Ky, It's me. Come here. You're safe."
She dropped the gun and jumped into my arms.
"Dad," she sobbed into my shoulder, "We need to leave, now."
I carried her to the car. She had lost even more weight and she cringed when I touched her rib.
Avi drove and Kyra sat on my lap in the back seat. We were all squished into the van that we used on tour. No one spoke the whole way home. We went to our house and everyone just decided to stay in the living room. It was 11:27 pm, but none of us could sleep.
"You hungry?" Mitch asked. Kyra nodded and Mitch went into the kitchen.
"You should get bandaged up," Esther said to Kyra, "Why don't you and I go upstairs and I can get you all cleaned up?"
Kyra slowly got up and hobbled up the stairs with Esther. She looked like she had sprained her ankle, or maybe even broke it. I would have to ask her later.
A few minutes later both of them came back downstairs. Kyra had bandages all over. How did I let this happen to her?
Mitch came in a few minutes later with a huge bowl of macaroni and cheese for Kyra to eat.
I had never seen Kyra eat that fast. I think that she was done eating a bowl that would take Avi 20-30 minutes to eat in 15 minutes.
Eventually, Kyra fell asleep on Scott's lap. Kirstie fell asleep on Mitch's shoulder and Mitch fell asleep on her head. Esther fell asleep on my shoulder, so it was just me and Avi.
"I'm so glad she's home," Avi whispered.
"Me too, man. Me too."
---------
A/N
Yo. What's up? I hope you liked this chapter! I wrote two chapters in two days! Yayyyyyy! Thanks for reading! Comment anything that you want to be in the upcoming chapters!
I love you guys so much!
-Madalyn