Chapter 10

AVI's POV
After going to the pool and to dinner with Scott, Mitch, and Kirstie, they dropped me off at the house. I said goodbye and came inside. I walked inside and I was about to yell for Kevin to tell him that I was home when I saw him and Kyra, sleeping on the couch, with Mocking Jay Part 1 playing on Netflix. I turned off the TV and turned off the lights. They were so cute that I had to take a picture of them. I was about to post it on Instagram, but then I remembered that Kevin hadn't announced Kyra to the "Pentaholics" yet. Instead I just sent it to the rest of PTX. I left Kevin a note, telling him that I was home and I went up to bed. I took a shower and lied down in bed. I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking of Kyra. and how we were so lucky to have her. Then I realized something, I didn't know how her parents died. I wondered if Kevin even knew. I decided to ask Kevin tomorrow and I went to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
KEVIN's POV
The next morning I woke up on the couch with Kyra. Kyra looked so cute when she was sleeping. I got up without waking up Kyra. I walked into the kitchen and made a traditional Nigerian breakfast for her (it was gluten-free of course.) Avi woke up before her, which was unusual.
"Good Morning," Avi said, "I've got a question."
"Yeah?" I asked, kind of concerned.
"What happened to Kyra's parents?" He asked.
"I- I don't know." I said back.
"Have you thought about asking her?" Avi asked.
"I never really thought about it," I said honestly.
"I was just wondering," Avi said, thoughtfully.
Breakfast was done and Kyra still wasn't up. It was 9:15 am. I went to the couch and basically had to pry her off to get her to come eat breakfast. Kyra was almost falling asleep at the counter. I gave her breakfast. She ate it all, but she didn't seem right.
"You okay, Kyra?" I asked.
"Yeah, just fine..." she said, obviously not feeling well. She always looked pale, but she looked especially pale today. I felt her forehead and she was burning up!
"You sure?" Avi asked.
"No," she said, "To be completely honest, I feel like crap. Can we go to the doctor?"
"Of course. Go upstairs and get some clothes on, I'll call the doctor." I said.
"Thanks, Dad. I'm dizzy, can one of you walk me upstairs?" She replied weakly.
"I will," Avi volunteered.
I had no clue what to do, so I called Kirstie. She was over within 5 minutes with a thermometer, Tylenol, and the names of different doctors in the area that I could take her to. Kirstie suggested that she should come too because of her being a girl and everything.
Finally, Kyra came downstairs, barely able to walk. Kirstie took her temperature and it was 103.3. I was trying not to freak out as I carried Kyra out to the car and lied her down in the backseat. I sat back there with her, while Kirstie drove. Kyra was lying her head on my lap, her face looked miserable.
"Can you drive any faster, Kirstie?" I yelled. I didn't mean too, but I was paranoid about Kyra. Luckily, Kirst understood.
"I'll drive a little faster," she said.
We finally got to the doctor and checked Kyra in. Mitch met us there and he waited with Kyra in the waiting room while Kirstie and I filled out paper work. Finally, after what seemed like forever, it was Kyra's turn to go in to see the doctor. Kirstie went with her and left Mitch and I out in the waiting room to worry about Kyra.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
KIRSTIE's POV
I walked/carried Kyra into the doctor's office. They took her blood pressure and heart rate. Those were both about normal.
After leaving us in the room for about 20 minutes, the doctor came back in with results from the tests. Kyra had pneumonia and would have to lay in bed for about 1 week. They also gave us an antibiotic to give her.
We walked out into the waiting room to be greeted by Avi and Scott along with Mitch and Kevin.
"You all right, baby girl?" Kevin asked as he picked up Kyra. Kyra shook her head.
"She has pneumonia," I said. All of us gave her a big group hug. Kevin carried her out to the car and Avi opened the door for Kevin to lay her down in the back seat. I hopped in the driver's seat and Avi sat down on the passenger side. Mitch and Scott went to the grocery store to get Kyra some soup and other things.
Kyra was crying, softly into Kevin's lap. "Shhh," Kevin said, "It's okay. We are almost home."
As soon as we got to Kev and Avi's, Kevin carried Kyra upstairs and sat with her for a while.
"Kevin is the perfect father," I said to Avi.
"I know," he said, "I could learn a lot from him if I ever had kids."
Scott and Mitch walked in with 5 bags from Target.
"What did you do?" Avi asked.
"Well," Scott said.
"We didn't want her to get bored, being in bed for a week," Mitch said cutting off Scott.
"So we bought her some fun stuff," Scott finished, excitedly. Avi made Kyra some soup while I got out all of the fun stuff. Coloring books, 3 "Get Well" teddy bears, a $25 iTunes giftcard, and A MAC BOOK COMPUTER?!?!
"Mitch, Scott..." I said giving them both looks.
"Surprise?" Scott said.
"Kevin is going to kill you and thank you at the same time," Avi said.
"I can live with that," Scott said.