Chapter 9

KYRA's POV
I woke up and walked into the kitchen to make breakfast. I saw Kirstie sleeping on the couch and Mitch on the air mattress on the other side of the living room. I looked out the window and saw that Scott's car wasn't gone, so he hadn't left either. A PTX Sleepover! I couldn't believe that this was actually happening. My whole family was here and I couldn't have been any happier. I went to the kitchen and made some Gluten-Free waffles from a mix that Kirstie and I got yesterday.
As I was finishing up making breakfast, Mitch stumbled into the kitchen. "How did I get here?" He asked.
"I don't know," I said, handing him a cup of coffee, "I think you fell asleep here and Scott decided that you guys should stay. Kirstie stayed too! It's like a big PTX sleepover!"
"You were spot on with your explanation," Scott said as he walked into the kitchen and kissed my forehead. I handed him a cup of coffee. "Thanks!" He said as he sat down on the stool next to Mitch.
"I've got an embarrassing question," I said, putting some more waffle batter in the waffle maker, "I scömiché real?"
"NO!!!" They yelled in unison, both annoyed.
"Sorry..." I said quietly, regretting that I had asked that.
"We didn't mean it like that," Mitch said, giving Scott a look, "We just get asked that by lots of people and it gets very annoying." Scott pulled me onto his lap and hugged me.
Kirstie walked in the kitchen. "Whatcha' makin?" She asked.
"Waffles." I said as I got off of Scott's lap to get the waffle out of the waffle maker and putting it on a plate. I gave Kirstie the plate and a cup of coffee.
Avi and K.O. came downstairs. I have them some waffles and coffee. After that I got myself some waffles and a glass of iced coffee.
"Thanks, Ky!" Dad said, "These are really good!"
"No problem," I said.
After breakfast, Scott, Mitch, Kirstie, an Avi went back to scömiché's house and Kirstie's house to get clothes and they went to the pool. They invited me and Kevin, but we decided to have some Daddy-Daughter time.
"So," Kevin said, "I haven't had much of a chance to get to know you. What are some of your favorite things to do?"
"Well, I like to sing, play piano, cello, and guitar." I said really fast.
"You sing and play cello?" He asked, very surprised.
"Yeah..." I said nervously, still not completely sure that I wanted to sing and play cello in front of someone so talented.
"Come with me to my music room," he said leading me down the hall to a room that I didn't even realize was here. We walked inside and there was a cello, piano, guitar, violin, saxophone, and a microphone. I stood there in awe.
Then, Dad pulled out his electric cello. "Try it," he said.
I sat down and played On My Own from Les Miserables.
And now I'm all alone again nowhere to go no one to turn to. I did not want your money sir, I came out here 'cause I was told to. And now the night is near, now I can make believe he's here.
I finished singing and I looked up at Kevin, and tears were running down his face. He smiled at me like he was very proud.
"Kyra," he said, "That was... Beautiful!" He came and gave me a hug, gave me a few tips on my cello playing, and went to make lunch.
I put the cello away and went up to my room and listened to music until lunch was ready. I walked downstairs and sat at the table. There was a sandwich sitting in front of me. I almost took a bite, but then I realized something. "Is this bread gluten-free?" I asked.
Kevin slapped his forehead. "I'm so stupid," he said, "I forgot. Do you want to go out to get something to eat instead? There is a gluten-free bakery down the street."
"Sounds great!" I said. We walked down the street to the bakery and got lunch. It was really good. Then we spent the rest of the day snuggling on the couch and watching movies. It was the best day of my life.