Chapter 14

KYRA's POV
The fight was a week ago and I feel great now. I still have bruises, but they don't hurt unless I touch them. Dad took me to a Pentatonix rehearsal today. They didn't have any until they were sure I was settled in. Today I was at rehearsal when, I started singing along to the song that they were working on. I got so carried away with the song that it took me a bit to realize that they had all stopped singing and they were staring at me.
"Kyra," Esther said, "That was amazing!"
"Thanks..." I said.
"I've got to talk your dates with these guys," she said pointing to PTX, "You stay right here. We'll be right back."
"Will you be okay, Ky?" Dad asked. I nodded and he went to talk to Esther.
About 5 minutes later Dad came out of the room along with the others. "Ky," he asked, "would you like to sing on tour?"
"YES!!!! OF COURSE I DO!! When do we leave?" I said, all of my emotions present.
"Next week. We leave next week." Avi said.
"I need to practice," I said, "A lot."
"You'll do great!" Kirstie said with a smile.
After we went through all of the details of tour and what songs I would be doing, we started practicing. We practiced well past midnight. We got through so much music. Around 2 or 3 we all left and went home.
Avi had fallen asleep in the backseat, so it was just me and Dad.
"Dad," I said, "Have you told the Pentaholics about me yet?"
"Nope," he said, "I wanted to make sure you were ready for me to tell them."
"How are you going to tell them?" I asked, "I don't think I just want it announced over social media. I don't really want to just be another Twitter post."
"You are more than just a Twitter post," he said, giving me a teasing look, "But I haven't really thought about how to tell them. It is kind of hard to reach out to people without the help of social media."
"What if you did it at your first concert that is live streaming on Yahoo! Then, no one would be confused about who I was and why I was singing with you."
"Sounds perfect," he said, "You are so smart. Can't you tell that I am your father, not that weirdo in the backseat." I giggled at Dad's joke as we pulled in the driveway.
We went inside and got ready for bed. Dad tucked me in. "I'm so glad that you are here with me, now," he said.
"There's no no no no, no place I'd rather be," I sang quoting one of my favorite songs that we were doing on tour.
"Love you, Blondie!" Dad said.
"Love you...Black-Haired-Dude?" I said as he left.
I fell asleep thinking of the lyrics of Rather Be and realizing how much they really applied to what I was going through right now. There is No Place is Rather Be, I thought as I fell asleep.
~the next day~
I am leaving on tour and I still have no clue what I am packing. I only have a couple of outfits that I would wear onstage, but I am singing at a bunch of concerts.
I texted Kirstie:
Me: I don't have any clothes for tour. Could we go shopping?
Kirstie: I'll be over in an hour :)
Me: Thx! C u then!
"Dad," I said as I walked downstairs, "Kirst is taking me shopping in an hour because I have like 2 outfits that I can wear on tour."
"Okay," he said getting out his wallet and handing me a couple hundred dollars, "take this and get some cute stuff, but remember that shorts can't be too short and shirts can't show too much skin."
"Wouldn't want to any way." I said kind of sadly.
"Sorry," he said, "I didn't mean it like that. How are your bruises?" I showed him my stomach, which still hadn't healed much at all. "Does it hurt when I do this?" He asked as he poked a spot on my stomach.
"Owww!" I screamed.
"Sorry," he said, "I didn't mean to hurt you. Does it always hurt this bad when this happens?"
"No," I said, "Not usually."
"Okay," he said, "I'm afraid that you might have fractured a rib. I might take you to the doctor tomorrow."
"Great," I said sarcastically, which made Dad and I both giggle, "Another thing to worry about."
Kirstie honked her horn, which meant it was time for me to get going.
"Love you, Dad!" I said as I walked out the door.
"Love you, too," he said, "Take it easy on your rib. If it starts hurting too bad, call me." I nodded and went out to the car.
"Hey!" Kirstie said, "What was all of that about your rib?"
"Dad thinks I might have fractured it, so he wants me to be careful today. He is taking me to the doctor tomorrow."
"Okay," she said, looking concerned, "If it hurts too bad, just let me know and I will take you home."
"Let's go then!" I said, "Dad expects me home for dinner."
"That only gives us 8 hours!" Kirstie said, acting scared, "Could that possibly be enough time to get through 1 store?" I laughed until my rib was killing me.
We went to the mall and bought a lot of clothes. We left when we had enough outfits for tour. I didn't get to many shorts or short sleeved shirts because they made me look to skinny. It's funny how most girls are worrying about being to fat, while I just want to gain more weight.